Insecurity- how do you date a guy and not get jealous of the women he's friends with?

What happens to the women they're friends with when you two get serious? Does their friendship tone down? Like not seeing eachother one on one anymore, or rarely?

Or what if a guy is talking to girls, just having fun playing the field because he is single, but then gets a girlfriend (you) then what? Are they still like that typically? Or if they're not like that during their -single- life, is that a better choice in a partner?

I know a single guy, great guy, but during his single-hood he's picked up some lady friends. They're classy women but I feel jealous at the thought of us ever dating (kinda headed that way). Just not sure what happens, what will change, etc.

I've not dated at all because I was in a very long term relationship prior to this, and this insecurity is putting me off. Please help me to understand what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. I just want to one day meet someone that I feel their total commitment and that I am the most important woman in the world to them. Never had that- not even close.

I also consider the fact I could potentially be friends with these women, but still, I find myself quite intimidated with the above scenarios. Please tell me your dating experience with this, I'm clueless!!

Most Helpful Guy

• "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Guys go through the same thing seeing their significant other hanging out around other men. It comes down to trust and realizing that if a person wants to be with you they will be with you and not someone else. In that way as long as there is trust there is no harm in that person having their own friends regardless of gender.

What Guys Said 2

• He should definitely stop talking to these women. It is honestly that cut and dry.

• Realise that out of all of those girls that he hangs out with you were the one he chose to love.

What Girls Said 1

• I feel for women like that. Firstly if the man cheats it's the mans fault not necessarily the woman's. Not all women are after you're man and you should know that. I know some dirty tricks that'll steal a guy for power moves but they're usually a friend of the woman or they dislike their girlfriend on some level. I'm a truly a woman that befriends guys but there's a different social dynamic to it, i know my lane and so do other women generally like myself. It's noticeable in my opinion. I know sometimes men like to keep the door open but it isn't necessarily open for their actual female friends. They know she could've had him if she wanted to pursue a relationship with him. Depending on how long they've know her which I'm assuming is quite sometime, for their female friend to try and spring a romance with them would be seen as strange and out of the blue, and if he pursues it then he must not like his girlfriend very much or he's a general asshole.