Please help me out people!?

I feel very self consicouse about my body, im 23 and not a very well built man, skinny forearms, narrow shoulders, skinny chest, i was going to gym for ages and gave up hope ( ill never be big, its my genes) i always feel down because i dont look like or feel like a man, it gets me down when i see these naturally built guys, i dont mean muscly just not scrawny. it depresses me a lot and i just can't accept or be happy with the way i am

Most Helpful Girl

• What exercises did you do at the gym? Did you strength train with weights? Did you run on the treadmill? Different exercises change your body in different ways. They're also half the battle — building muscles takes a lot of protein. Eating habits impact what results you see, too. It takes around three months to see changes from routine exercise. How long was "ages?"

Good news if you're attracted to women, though: we tend to like lean muscle. Sounds like you're already leaning towards that naturally — keep it up!

What Girls Said 1

• Just because you go to the gym doesn't mean you're going to get "built" each exercise or exercise equipment has a different purpose. You just need to know how to use them correctly. My brother had sort OF the same thing going on he's a slim guy he can eat and eat and exercise but he remained the same. YET... did the PROPER TRAINING and a little try of some protein shakes and he was good to go. Just gain a little more awareness of the GYM SCENE.

What Guys Said 1

• Go to the gym with someone that actually knows what they're doing. You'll see results.