Does everyone agree that guys should always ask the guy out?

I have always believed this. In fact, I have never once thought about doing anything but dropping hints. I'm never the one to make the first move. If a guy wants to go out on a date then he should ask me out. If a guy wants me to be his girlfriend then of course he has to ask. I think most people think like this. Does everyone agree or not?

Wait I meant does everyone agree that guys should always ask the GIRL out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont' think he has to. I think men should expect to. I think women should realize that asking out normally follows flirting, which is mutual, and that studies have shown that in fact most approaches (by men) were preceeded by women giving indications of interest.

So is it often the guy who says 'would you like to...' Yes. Does that mean you sit around waiting for it to happen? No.

What Guys Said 12

• "people make the arguments because guys have a penis, which means penetration and aggression, but so does punching equal aggression and penetration, balls since it involves testosterone and it comes from the balls, this is my sarcastic argument for why fighting is a masculine thing, can be another way a guy proves he is a man, he has balls, us guys are equipped to penetrate, which is an act of aggression, and penetration, and punching, hitting
    is an act of aggression too which involves testosterone, so it means the guy is actually using his balls, since fighting and aggression involves testosterone, and plus David Deida said

"The way a man penetrates the world should be the
    same way he penetrates his woman", because we have the penis, the penis penetrates, therefore it goes forward, punching somebody, hitting somebody with your fist is another
    form of penetration as well, because you are sending shockwaves into their body as you hit them, when you punch somebody you are penetrating (well not exactly going through
    their body) but still sending shockwaves, just as a man penetrates a womans vagina he is sending shockwaves of pleasure to her body, Penis - Erects, Goes out, Penetrates, Pushes in, Seeks, Discharges, when you are throwing a punch it involves you pushing and extending your arm out, like an erection, because
    when you make a fist, the shape is bulbous, like a penis. So therefore I believe I made a valid logical argument.

Males have a penis, which equals aggression, females have a vagina, which means receiving. That’s it."

i just had to post that because this is often how angry and frustrated, pissed off i am at life and reality for being the way it is, maybe because i'm not the natural Alpha Male i feel i should be or i'm supposed to be, meant to be, and that i feel old for learning about this now

• No, not really. To think that you're the catch and for things to come looking for you is extremely narcissistic, whether it's general social protocol or not.

But you do have the option to do so if you choose. That being said, if you choose to never make the move, then you have no room to complain about what comes to you.

• Sort of. Usually after hooking up with a girl a couple times they will say something like "What are we?" or "What is this?". By that point I will just awnser honestly whether we are just having fun or if I like her and want to make her my girlfriend. While I agree with you that the guy should dictate his intentions it is perfectly fine for a girl to instigate the questions.

• ALWAYS?

Not necessarily. No one is stopping a female from asking the guy out.
    The only extra liability is that females are more likely to get taken advantage of, because guys are more likely to fake a relation in order to have sex. I am still confused on why females don't do that more often apart from the pregnancy scare.

• not always sometimes the guy isn't interested in a girl until he knows that she likes him so i believe it can go either way (girlfriend asked me out)

• I think you're having a sexual identity crisis that you need to address first.

• oops haha I meant guy ask the girl out.

• Definitely absolutely positively not

• No way
    Girls should ask guys out

• That sounds mildly confusing.

• I fixed it haha. I meant guy always ask the girl out.

• It's the 21st century. You want equal rights, but then complain about guys not asking you out

• Yes, women should know their place and let men decide if we will approach or not. Thankfully most women realize this but some deviants try to take things into their own hands.

• i personally hate, despise, loathe this rule with a huge passion

What Girls Said 6

• Nope. Not at all. A guy has only asked me out 3 times. I've asked out guys 5 times. And, surprisingly, its turned out better for me on the five times than the three. Don't WAIT for prince charming, go FIND him. If you don't act, he might not know how you feel. It's the 21st century--do what makes you anxious, don't do what makes you sad.

• Umm, not in my opinion? o: I think if you like a boy you should give him hints such as smiling or saying hello, like i do!(: But I think it is just as equally as cute if a girl makes the first move than when the guys makes the first move! o: Umm... and also... a bunch of guys from my schools agree that it is very cute if a girl asks them out too u_u But of course we all have our own unique opinion! :)

• i approach guys, i ask guys out, i don't see why i should wait for a guy i'm interested in

• Honestly I think both should ask. I don't ask because I am unattractive and I don't even expect men to ask me out. Now if I felt good about my looks and I liked a guy well enough than I would ask him out. I think if a girl is pretty she likely won't get rejected.

• Nope, don't agree. I don't do it that often... but I'm perfectly capable of asking as well, and I don't really see why I shouldn't if I want to.

• Simply... Yes!