20 year olds dating 16 and 17 year olds?

What do you think? Is it ok if a 20 year old guy dates a girl who is 16 that is his coworker?

Most Helpful Girl

• At the end of the day, it is not about the age, it is about both person's maturity. For example, I have been in two relationships during my 21 years of existence: My first one was with my high school sweetheart. He was only a year and a half younger and things ended badly because of his immature actions. My current boyfriend and I have a 6 and a half year difference. We get along so well; age never comes up between us to be honest, and we are both on the same page about what we want from life.

As long as both parties are genuine and on the same page, age is the last thing one should be looking at.

What Girls Said 8

• Judging by your responses to other answers, there's nothing illegal about the relationship. Does the company forbid dating coworkers? It might get one or both fired if that's the case. The only other thing to consider is if they make each other happy/treat each other well. If they're a good fit and everything's legal, it's fine!

• My first reaction was no definitely not but then I realized I was dating a 20 year old when I was 17 so I can't really say there is anything wrong with it if you are both on the same maturity level. Just be careful with what you do sexually.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Just that he takes care of her, I guess, and not acting like a creeper.
    If the company forbid dating coworkers, then there's a problem, but in itself it's not a problem, I guess.

• I wouldn't but its your life. I was in love with a 20 year old when I was 17. So. I think it depends on maturity.

• I think it's wrong

• We live in a day in time where no one can really tell how old someone is without asking

• I think it's wrong

• Ok then

• Not a big deal. It's only 4yrs difference

• It's illegal

• Not where I live it ain't

• No, it's legal. i checked thoroughly. as long as the girl is 15 and the guy is no more than 10 years older, per state legislation

• Ok I think it's fine then. I just went to high school with a lot of girls who were dating 21+ year old guys when they were 15-17 and when the dad found out they tried to get the guy arrested and it was a whole bunch of mess (you know those dad's that think the guy is going to "soil" their daughter.. like dude, your daughter been a ho that guy didn't make her that way lol)

• personally i see nothing wrong with that, but then the person is underage so there might be some repercussions
    from personal experience, i have been seeing this guy who's 24 and myself, 19, we both like each other but then timing was off and so we decided it was best to end things because we were both at different points in life so yeah, hope that helps

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the two individuals. In most cases, hell no. But if both party members are mature enough to put their desires second to their needs and the needs of their partner, then sure. Most kids though are too impressionable for that sort of relationship- easily scarred. Even the ones that think they are ready for such a relationship, someone's always got to think of their emotional development and put it first.

• Having said all that and re-read my answer... you could just as easily damage someone emotionally no matter the age of both party members. I guess it's more so that because someone is older, they have a greater responsibility to acknowledged that their actions will have far reaching consequences.

• Because their not an age to claim legal responsibility, I think the older individual should have the parents sign off on the relationship before getting involved.

• I personally wouldn't recommend it for two reasons. The first is she's not 18 and the second is I personally don't date co-workers.

• thats not very smart