I hate when guys I want a relationship with says he wants some 'chocolate'?

Is there something wrong with me because I hate when a guy says he wants me to be his chocolate queen or he wants some chocolate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with feeling that way. Just make sure you tell them how you feel, so they aren't slowly pissing you off

• I have a white gf and I'll make the comment sometimes "I like me some white chocolate ; )". But we leave it there. Any pet names are non race specific like Baby/Babe/Honey/Lovely. Unless she's got something special I give her a unique petname.
      Anyways! Most guys don't think about it like that. It's just a compliment to him. Just let him know you understand that he means well, but that you don't want to be labeled by your race

What Guys Said 11

• No, I don't think there is anything wrong with hating being called that. It has definite racial undertones, and possible fetish undertones as well. It makes it seem like the person is treating you like an object, not like a person. It's basically just objectification, and I don't there are many people around who like feeling objectified. I think you're totally justified in feeling that way.

• lol tell him if thats all he wants then try nutella

• chocolate? BLEHHHHHHH

• In what context does he say it? is it a race thing or something else?

• Just because he wants him some chocolate doesn't mean he doesn't want commitment~

***JungleFeverCrew*** ***Still wants commitment Crew***

#ButWatsUrsIsMine

• Why can't I just be a queen?

• But sometimes I wanna punch him because I don't like being called chocolate queen.

• Then you two need to break up. (:

• thats a substitute for love I suppose yes it is bad

• relax. its not that bad...

• It happens a lot though. 4/5 it happens.

• How would we know. We know nothing about you

• ... that's a good point, but I'm asking your opinion on the situation

• ... and what "race" is that exactly

• ... I'm black

• Idiots.. makes them gangsta apparently

• That's one of the pitfalls that blacks face when they're thirsty and/or go out their way to date interracial

• just being truthful.

• That's racist as hell man.

I'm a White and I love Black women and I don't refer to them as chocolate, that's cringeworthy and stupid.

• Thanks for your opinion now please realize that your opinion is just that an opinion & a PC one at that... (:

#ButWatsUrsIsMine

• That was a great story bro. Thanks for sharing it with me.

What Girls Said 4

• Hahahahaha
    I'm sorry I find that hilarious because some dude said that to me also
    I asked him what was he looking for and he said he wanted me to be his "Chocolate African Queen"?
    Or some shit like that.
    There isn't anything wrong with you, i can see how that could be annoying.

• You are free to like/dislike what ever you wish. How does that make u wrong?

• From my experience, I would stay away from guys who refer to you as chocolate. I know every guy isn't the same, but from MY experience, those guys who say that, most likely view you as a fetish or experiment (chocolate fantasy) .

• Ok... aww you're pic is so cute. :D

• @jslxoxo Yea it's stupid that they can't just talk to them like they do everyone else. Maybe he was a mix of confused, low IQ'ed, socially awkward, & thirsty AF FAloner. Never understood it tbh... :/

• @ TheWorldIsUrs I think he was just an ass. He is full of himself and thinks everyone wants him. Definitely seemed like a player, which is a major turn off

• Yeah that's racist. I usually tell the guy to stop and that it's racist and if they keep doing it dump them.
    Like I mean it's cool once in a blue moon when the mood is set for it like you're on a date and after you're like "what's for desert?" and he's like "I was thinking chocolate" then he licks your arm or something, but if he's CONSTANTLY being like "yeah I love brownies" then call him on that crap and I'd dump him

• Licks your arm? LOL.

• Idk.. lol I was trying to think up a scenario when it would be ok and that's all I could think of! But you get my drift if he could say the same thing to a white girl and say "white chocolate" with him being white as well and it not seem weird then it wouldn't be racist, but if you can't take that same sentence and say it to a white girl then yeah it's racist

• Recently, I had this guy would not stop calling me "Chocolate girl." He got offended when I started calling him "Snow bunny" And yes I know that term is for women.