Girls: If your boyfriend wanted you to be more affectionate, would you be more affectionate?

If your boyfriend wanted you to be more affectionate, would you be more affectionate

• Yes
  • No
  • See results (Guys)
Refreshing the question. Its pretty easy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this just depends on you're comfort level. At home, if he wants you to be more cuddly or something then I would say there's no harm in trying it. If he means he wants you to hold hands with him while you're walking to class or anything along those lines and you are not okay with PDA, then just do what makes you most comfortable. also, how long have you been dating? I think if this is a relatively new relationship and he is already trying to make you change your ways then he's probably not the right one. But if you've been in this for a long time then maybe you should give it a try, because he obviously means something to you.

What Girls Said 13

• The only way for me to be more affectionate is if I were to skin him alive and wear his skin on me.

We are that stupidly close. There's never a lack of affection, we're very compatible in that department, lol.

• My boyfriend and I could not get more affectionate... we are basically the annoying clingy couple but we don't care!

• I would, depending on his situation/ disposition. I am affectionate with my bf. Lately when we are busy though, he works a lot and I work odd hours, it's hard when we are tired to keep up our moods, in general if we have issues, we discuss and work things out.

• What do you mean by situation/disposition

• I meant his personality, if he's understanding. When I'm tired, I'm grumpy and not affectionate. If he's going to leave me because I'm tired, then it's not gonna work out anyways. that's an example of 'disposition'. If we're both working a lot (which is true), the situation is conducive to not being able to be 'affectionate'. we both just fall asleep haha

• No. Affection is suppose to be natural and in the moment, not a calculated process. It takes the meaning out of it. I don't want a guy to hold my hand because he think he has to, I want him to hold it because it feels right in that particular moment or else it feels fake.

• Guys don't have much of a choice but to live with calculated process because most women don't show affection

• Hmm, that's interesting because most of the women I know are the total opposite. They hang all over their man as if they're super glued! Maybe it's just the women you've dated.

• I believe he would prefer it to be "naturally more affection". Aka, "start giving out hugs already", heh.
      Hugs are awesome, people can learn to enjoy them.

• No. I know I'm not very affectionate, but I also think I'm affectionate enough. He can either grow up or we call it quits.

• You cannot change who you fundamentally are. You might be able to be affectionate towards him for a while but its constantly going to be an argument because your going to keep being who you truly are

• Yes but relationships require effort

• True, I agree but its going to come with time. Its a genuine effort and change to that person. You are going to have to adapt and that always goes with resentment. It might not kill the relationship but both partners should be aware that it is difficult and appreciate each others efforts

• I have noticed that most women are unaffectionate. So i guess either way I am going to have to wait a very long time to receive any affection from a woman

• Yes but if I'm not comfortable to be affectionate then I'll talk to him about it. Maybe he will understand

• I'd definitely try! Relationships are give-and-take: they need tune-ups and adjustments.

• Nope, I'm not a affectionate person. If he wants affection I'll get him a puppy lol.

• No. This is not a button that I can turn on and off. He should gain my affection, not just ask me to change. This ww the reason that my ex broke up with me.

• Not unless I wanted to be more affectionate too..

• So you only do things when you can benefit from it rather than doing something for the sake of making your partner happy

• If it made me uncomfortable, I wouldn't do it, when it comes to things like these.

• Yeah deffinately, I love my boyfriend and would be upset if he didn't think I was affectionate enough. So I would deffinately make an effort to make him feel more wanted.

• I started out not being affectionate at the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend. He made comments about being happy when i did and him being happy makes me happy.

What Guys Said 1

• I wonder what the responses would be if this was the other way around lawls.