What do you do when you find a great guy, who you like, and who likes you back, but can't be with him because love just isn't in the cards?

My heart aches for this guy. He's a great guy. But I hurt him by being selfish and wanting myself to be happy. I thought he deserved a good woman too, a romance. I just want him to be happy. What can I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Well if you hurt him and you don't want to make amends and try to get things back to the way they are then the nicest thing you can do for him is to leave him be. There are a lot of unknowns though, this depends on what type of relationship you had with him and what hurting him entails.

• Well I just wanted to be in a relationship with him. It was selfish of me to ask that of him. He wasn't ready.

• Hmm, Well I can slightly understand, I spent 16-21 in and out of a dysfunctional relationship. Then I got married, and 1 week afterwards was told that up until now she was putting on a show to keep me interested but couldn't maintain. Then when the inevitable divorce happened she tried to take half my income. I am only saying this because it sounds like you very deeply fall in love with people which is what I do to. I finally found someone great when I stopped picking people out of the crowd and waited until someone found and interest in me that was also attracted to. I hope you don't give up hope, but rather look at a guy who takes interest in you!

• ... no. I won't allow myself anymore pain. I'm sorry. I can only be friends with guys now.

What Girls Said 1

• In what way did you hurt him?
    What happened between you guys, and what were you before that... a couple, friends?