Why guys do that? cheating on their girlfriend?

why guys cheat on their girlfriend? especially when there are 18 and are in a relationship since 2 years with their girlfriend and when the girlfriend know the guy always find excuses and why their girlfriend always forgive them? When i said cheating, I mean not having sex but just by kissing another girl at a party

Most Helpful Guy

• Kissing another girl isn't cheating, but you're just a kid, so of course to you it's cheating.

Why do guys do it? Because it's hardwired into guys that we want variety. We want to fuck as many girls as possible. We are not programmed for monogamy.

A teenage guy is a bag of hormones. He is under tremendous hormonal pressure to be with as many girls as he can. The fact that he's in an artificial construct you call a relationship, is meaningless to the hormones.

The girls forgive them, for any number of reasons. 1) the girl hasn't been entirely faithful herself maybe, 2) she understands that monogamy is an unreasonable request from a teenage boy 3) She knows a kiss is not that big a deal etc...

What Guys Said 6

• Well, this is hardly a gender exclusive issue. But I will ignore that as I don't think it's relevant to your question.

There are lots of reasons why guys cheat. The biggest reason from what you've given above is because they have been forgiven from doing it already. They have learnt that it is easier to do it and ask for forgiveness than to resist their urges and not do it. It's conditioning. You're basically just training them that it is ok.

Regarding the actual psychology, it would either be because they are not emotionally attached to their partner (as this is a perfect example of them thinking about their interests over the needs of a partner), or not into monogamy at the current point in their life.

If they are forgiven for doing it though, they will just keep on doing it. No reason not to if they are already at that mentality.

• Women cheat also. Just as much. You're 18 so things are different now. And also, you're 18. Why so much pressure on being exclusive? This is when people are supposed to make mistakes. Anyway, when you get older you'll see that women are not the paragons of relationships they claim to be.

• Kissing isn't necessarily cheating. It can be, if it's a really full-on sexual kiss.
    Most men wouldn't bother to cheat, if they were getting enough physical affection and sex from their girl. If they were getting that and it's still not right, they'd just dump her before they look elsewhere.

• Teen age is about mistakes , I never had a gf cannot say much but a guy at this age thinks he can do better and do not understands love and girls are weak and think they will not get someone better thus they keep managing.

• This isn't gender specific. But to answer your question they don't have strong feelings for you anymore.

• Why do girls cheat?

• guys cheat more

• That's not true. I'd say it's about the same. Which gender cheats more is irrelevant. Whoever is the one who got cheated on, it sucks and hurts.

• I've heard it say that girls just get caught less then men

What Girls Said 2

• Its girls too though. my exs past girlfriends all cheated on him... every damn one. so yeah its not just guys. but my guess is that it happens more when you're younger because you're just more immature still and no ones thinking marriage or a super serious relationship at such a young age so you're more likely to get bored and look around. doesn't excuse it, no, but it is what it is. im not saying everyone cheats either though, so find someone new that won't do that to you.

• Because they're stupid. Cheating has no excuse.
    And yes, kissing is cheating.