'I don't want to hurt you' - What does that mean?

Previously been on 2 dates with this guy, last night he invited me round his house to cook me dinner and watch a film for date 3. After dinner, watching the film and we kissed a few times and then he randomly says 'I don't want to hurt you'... I looked up and said 'What? Well... good?' And then he kissed me again.

Finished the film, we were chatting fine and he kissed me goodbye. Then he texts me to make sure I got home okay, I thanked him for dinner and we agree to meet up next week again - Haven't decided what to do/where to go yet.

Nice date, but a VERY odd thing to say. I feel like he could mean one of two things:

1) I'm not too interested, don't want anything serious and want to be up front about it
2) I like you and want you to know that I'm not going to mess you around

Any suggestions please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go a little slow with him. U will feel the vibes in a few days. If he is interested and wants something serious, u will come to know it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• To me this sounds like he just wanted to tell you that he cares about you and doesn't want to hurt you emotionally. The date set up and the fact that you were at his house and didn't have sex sounds like he really cares about you! For sure an odd time to say that but he just sounds like a romantic and was telling you he wants you to feel safe with him!

• Sounds like option number one. Have fun, but don't get in over your head if you can help it.