Am I the only one who is constantly daydreaming about being in a relationship?

I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend, I cringe every time I hear all the girls talking about their sexual experiences and their dating histories and I'm just sitting there like fuck off.
Sometimes I have those dreams where I actually have someone and I feel so loved and I finally encounter the warmth of being with another human beings and I FEEL it, I feel the touches, the kisses and the love and when I wake up, it's like life has been drained out of me.
I tend most of the time, to build this cute/tall/nice/caring character in my head and daydream about it, creating imaginary scenarios that have -2% of actually happening.
I'm so miserable, this is amazing.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not alone. I was once just like you. 18, desperately in need of another human's touch, going mad over the fact that I had never dated anyone (nevertheless kissed). I always keep my focus on my books, always telling myself that once the time was right, it would happen. I know EXACTLY how you feel, and what you described doesn't even do the feeling justice. I know that this is probably the last thing you want to read, but wait. I waited and let me tell you, my first boyfriend was so worthy of the title. Had I not waited and tried to get a boyfriend just for the sake of getting one, I doubt I would've had such a great experience. Wait. Someone will come along who'll like you just as much as you like them and things will really hit it off. You'll be nervous for most of the times, since it's a bunch of "firsts" for you but it's going to be great! I know that telling other people that you've never had a boyfriend feels embarrassing, but don't make the mistake of not telling the guy. You really have to tell him! That way, it'll make things SO much easier. I made the mistake of not telling him because I was too ashamed and now, looking back at it all, I realize that if I told him, we would've had even a greater time. Wait. Don't rush because good things come to those who wait. I wish you the best! x

• Honestly, you're the best.
      I wish the best for you and your boyfriend and I hope your feeling of being loved and cherished would reverberate into eternity.

• I'm so happy I could help you! We broke up a few months back but it wasn't a horrible breakup, it was a good one. I had lost the feelings. But thank you for your best wishes! :) x

What Guys Said 6

• im sure you're not but am I the only one constantly daydreaming about sleep? hahaa :D I dream of sleep and when I can finally sleep I cant. its not cool!

• You're not alone... And you won't be, after you have had your first boyfriend, that "wanting a relationship" feeling, will be worse. I have these thoughts all too often and it makes me wish I could read my friends' thoughts. To be in a relationship that could be considered 70% perfect would be like the human race wasn't such garbage! xD

I hope I've helped! :D

• Actually I have similar dreams, when I'm not dreaming that I'm a super hero, strangely enough sex is almost never a part of the dream, just affection, hugging, and kissing. I have never had a girlfriend.

• you don't need a bf if you wanna have sex

• Well just think of it as you waiting for the right guy and not just jumping in and having sex

• I know exactly how yo feel. I find myself floating off in my thoughts in science class thinking about all the relationships i want to be in and the scenarios. We just gotta hope someday we'll be there.

What Girls Said 4

• Oh man, yesss all the time. Like sometimes it gets in the way of my day because I'll get so distracted thinking about it. Every day that passes just kind of seems like another little punch in the face while everyone around me is enjoying their relationships with other people. Third-wheeler for the win.

• Girl you're not alone! I'm in the boat and it sucks, especially when everyone around you has a partner.-. #foreveralone? lol WHERE"S MY MAN!!!

• Join the club i do too! I recently did a drawing of a character that was like my perfect guy and he has actually came to life in my dreams which is totally awesome lol he's tall muscular and has short copper red hair and his voice is to die for he is the perfect guy for me but he only exists in my dreams godammit

• I was 20 before i got any of that.