How do you know if a guy is serious or just playing?

How do you know if a guy just wants sex or its actually interested and willing to be in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he a player? What was his last relationship like? How many partners has he had? How long ago was his last relationship? How long do his relationships usually last? What are his friends like? Does he have girl friends who respect him? Can you ask her opinion about you two?

This is more controversial, but I think dating multiple people is the best way, they all start casually, and then they evolve naturally into either something more meaningful or less. No one is playing anyone because you are honest to your partners, and most importantly, to yourself. This approach kind of stops a player in his tracks, as long as you genuinely take that approach.

Also, start having sex because you like to have sex, not because you think it makes some obscure statement about virtue. You may feel that by having sex with someone you are giving something away, what ever that something is, and finding out that you got "played" makes that "loss" even harder, but sex should only be for your mutual pleasure. I think its the difference between saying "should I LET him have sex with me?" and "Do I want to have sex with him?" Do you see the difference? The second mentality gives you the power.

• "should I LET him have sex with me?" and "Do I want to have sex with him?" powerful statement right there. +1

What Guys Said 3

• It can be very tough, some men play their cards very well by seducing you as best as possible and charming you with generally, their looks and confidence. The better looking they are, the more chances that they COULD be a player... not that they are...

why do I say this? Because, it's solid fact that less attractive people/less attractive personalities and shyness isn't a turn on for girls. Shy guys for sure want to smash, but if they are unhygienic, or smell or just are really creepy, they aren't really gettin some all that often now are they.. So my statement, i hope you didn't take it as a sexist statement against guys but just something a lot of girls notice. "the jock from highschool" example.

The signs that you can pick up on, are how much attention is devoted to you. Does he show public display of affection when you guys are close. Does he text you really sweet things out of the blue? Does he mind being goofy around you. Does he do cute things to make your day better? Or do you feel a bit neglected until you're the one to approach him. Does he reply your texts fully or does he short word you to avoid a bit of conversation.

Be careful in judging someone, because I've been told i'm a player countless times, yet, the statement is untrue because they simply did not know me well enough. I was misjudged plenty of times only because girls see how social I am with everyone and how easy I can turn a boring conversation with people around. I like to party etc.. so they make assumptions that I'm a player... when in reality, I'm a very laid back, goofy, gentleman. So it's tough to tell, but if you honestly can look at the guy and imagine him cheating or being shady. Then there's always that slim chance.. If you think of him and all you think is happy thoughts because you feel in your gut that there's not a chance in the world he'd hurt your feelings. Then you COULD be right. Some guys unfortunately are sly snakes... and it sucks. I hope you don't get hurt </3

• when a guy wants to get to know you personally then he is serious.

• Who cares? Just sleep with him.

What Girls Said 2

• I think to know a guy only wants sex is he will talk about it a lot & want to hangout with you a lot. But if a guy just wants a relationship, he will take things slow & he will appreciate you more, & try to get to know you a little bit more.

• If a guy is always messing with you like staring at you all the time or talking and aggravating then he definitely likes you