Confirm for this for me, she's too young right?

I've recently started taking a new bus to get to school, and I sat next to this cute girl. We've been talking and she is SUPER cool, not to mention she looks older than she is,
But thats the problem. She JUST told
Me that she is 14. I am 18. I told her I don't want to date someone as young as her, I did the right thing, yes? She's not very happy about it, and soooo many of her friends have been bombarding me with "age doesn't matter", and its making me unsure of my descion.

Lots of people, lots of oppinions, I'm gonna stand my ground on this one. She's not much younger than I, but age does make a difference when you are a teenager, maybe not as much the older you get, but right now it does. Thanks guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, she's too young. Maybe mentally you assume she's mature, but come on guy jail bait! Lol Hello?
    People say "4yrs isn't that bad", umm yes it is. Why? Because so much more maturing happens in those preteen and teenage years. You're legally considered an adult. She can't even get into an R rated movie without an adult? Wtf lol
    All I'm saying, it's very tricky. Is this chick really worth all that? Plus, even if she doesn't get mad at you, let's say her parents get mad at her for dating you. They can easily press charges on you, you do know that right? This happened to my friend. He was 18 dating a 15yr old. I told his dumbass to be careful. One day the daughter was being a regular teenage brat and tried running away. The father got mad at the bf, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it, and called the cops on my friend. So he was arrested but later I think the charges were dropped cuz the stupid 15yr old ran to her best friends house. The father assumed she went with her bf.
    -_________-

Point is, these fresh out of puberty girls are too much drama. Teenagers are fussy and cry over everything. They want to be taken as adults but throw tantrums like children. Which they're allowed to. Why? Because they aren't adults. But it's your life, you decide what you want to do.
    In Latin America, we have a saying, which translates to:
    "Let them (be an idiot), that way they'll learn."

Now you decide what you think is best, but be very careful. You could even get labeled as a sex offender, that shit almost happened to my friend haha. His dumbass learned his lesson and never again. He didn't even date 17yr olds. He only went with legal adults from that point on. Lmao he learned the hard way. :P
    Do what you think is best and good luck.

What Girls Said 8

• Thats tricky. I don't know. A 4 year gap is no big deal. But then when the girl isn't at least 16 it gets a bit tricky. Also depends on what you expect from her in a relationship.

Can you handle that she's much younger?
    Would you not use her age to pressurise her into doing things she doesn't want to do?
    To be honest I wouldn't think there's a problem as long as you let her be 14 without making her feel the need to act older.

You seem decent. Ask her what her parents would think about it? If they don't mind that's fine.

• I guess my biggest thing is I come from a family of idealists. Of course I'd never expect her to do anything that is too mature for her, both for emotional reason and legal. I'm sti kind of contorting the whole thing in my head.

• You know you're not that old either. If you were in your 20s. My whole opinion would change.

You come across as decent. So I trust you'll do the right thing for the both of you. Take care

• 4 years is a really small gap between male and female, Its likely that she is actually more mature than you :P
    and she will gain on you very fast.
    personally I'm 19 and only interested in much older, I can not find a desire to guys even close to my own age.

• that's what little girls do. Age doesn't matter? They are 14 and said that. If they want to say that wait until they mature and try dating someone 20 years older than them. You should be careful, she is underage so if anything happen u can got charged even it's consensual

• I think this should be a no brainer. She's jail bait. Just don't go there. It's just wrong. Plus she's going to be in high school for another 4 years and you're about to leave. I mean this is really a no brainer. Don't be one of those guys... find someone your own age.

• I was fourteen when I started dating my boyfriend he was 17, it really isn't that bad. Infact we are still together and he is 19 now I'm sixteen. When I turn 17 he will be 20

• She's only 14, so no.
    I'd be super pissed if my daughter or little sister was dating a guy 18+ id try to throw his ass in jail.
    It's one of my pet peeves when adults go for young teens.

• 14 is way too young.
    You should consider girls aged 17-25.

• It does matter when someone is legally considered an adult and the other person just crossed the threshold of being a teen. When you're young like that, life moves fast and stages in life do make a difference.

• Legality is definitely a concern. While I'm not looking for sex, or anything related, I still feel like it's looked down on.

• That's not the point lol but that is also true.

What Guys Said 6

• first off quit letting ure dick talk... she's 14 and its illegal so dont even fucking think about it... 2nd off if u have to ask if its ok it prob isnt...3rd off ure a fucking man when u decide something have the balls to follow through...

i dont see anything wrong with it if their old enough to bare children their old enough to date... dont mean their responsible enough considering how stupid people are today... but u know im pretty sure the cops and her parents and ures for that matter will see a problem with it and ull prob get killed -.-

even if something dont happen happen odds are ull be run out of town... at least in some places here in texas u would be run out LOL

• Quit letting my dick talk? Do you have any reading comprehension at all? You contradicted yourself so many times with your answer that it's useless to me

• What's your relationship/dating/sex experience like?

If it's 'age typical' i think you going at her pace or waiting years for her would be difficult. If you're not very experienced, you might be able to have a 'young' (and I don't mean that in a bad way) relationship with her, versus pulling her to having an 'older' relationship with you.

• wait one year more till she will be 15 LOL

• If she really likes you just as much as you like her, I personally don't see anything wrong with it, and some mature, methodical friends of yours should too. Though you'll have to keep it hush-hush for a while. A lot of girls have strong desire for older men; like how many high school girls have you seen raving about Brad Pitt? Lmao.

Anyway, if you two want to get intimate, you'll really have to close the blinds and lock the doors, and you'll probably have to keep this secret from a lot of people... But don't fret too much, once she's 18 or so, 4 years won't be a big of a deal anymore.

• I think you did the right thing.

Besides, do you want to be stoned to death by the mob?

• Age doesn't matter.. I'll stand by that. As you grow older it matters less. 10 years is the max for me back and forth. Best relationship I ever had was with a 14 year old. And I'm 20... I miss her so much.