How important is it to make physical contact on the first date?

I'm going on a first date with a girl in a week and a half. She really likes coffee, so I'm taking her out to this really nice coffee place I know that she's never been to. She also mentioned her favorite flower is a yellow rose so I might bring some with me to give to her.

Anyways, I was just wondering how important it is to make physical contact on a first date?

Also, how would I go about doing that if all we will be doing really is sitting and talking and not really up and moving around?

Last question, what kind of body language should I be looking for to see if she wants a good bye kiss?

Most Helpful Girl

• Contact on the first date really depends on the connection you guys make and have while on the date. You have to read her before you try to kiss her or touch her, you'll find the answers In her eyes and her actions. Let her lead, then go in for the kill

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I think putting an arm around her (and if you're dancing, an arm around her waist) is as far as it should go on a first date. A goodnight kiss though is okay if the date went really well. Anything more is not appropriate at all in my book.

• For me, going on first dates means getting to know about each other. Basic questions and stuff. Physical contact is okay when you've been going on dates a couple of times. But I guess it'll still depend on the level of connection you have.

• she will let you know by focusing on you intensely being close to you... any excuse to touch you and eye contact. it's in her eyes. you will know if she smiles a lot at you.

• Try to playfully grab her hand or something cute like that. For the goodbye kiss see If she makes eye contact with you and lingers while saying goodbye. Her looking at your lips is also a good sign.

You could just kiss her on the cheek and give her a sweet hug. I'm sure that would be fine too. I would like that

What Guys Said 3

• You gotta be enthusiastic in the way you move and talk and what you guys are doing. You could always just be random and say, hey I learned this salsa step, I wanna practice real quick, be my partner. Then bam, harmless touching. Or be silly and play some clapping hand game with her, like... tell her a story about when you were a kid and then say something like, hey do you remember this game, i don't remember how it goes help me out here, it was like this, (clap game) and laugh about how everyone was doing it and the girls had it down to a science and rhythm. You can hold the small of her back as she walks into a door that you're holding for her. Simple touching, and you'll know if the kiss is well timed

• Don't bring a rose. Seriously.

And it's really good to make physical contact on first date. Break the touch barrier! Even when you're having coffee, it's easy. Touch her arm/shoulder to her her attention, or even her thigh. Lightly touch her back while you're walking. If she has a ring or bracelet or necklace on, it's an easy excuse to tough her hand/neck lightly, looking at the item and asking about it.

• It's very important, I went on several dates and one on one setting, and there was a huge difference in the mood of the event when you do have contact and keep contact through out the date.