Do guys really respect a girl that makes them wait?

I just want to know cus guys call girls bitches if we don't have sex but how's if we do so its like what the hell

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a virgin and I'm very particular about the girl I want to have sex with, so I'll be in no rush to have sex with a girl and if she wants to spend some time getting to know me better and decided whether or not I'm right for her, then that's fine by me.

I respect people who think about things instead of rushing into things with short-sightedness.

• I respect virgins the fact that your ablebto hold on to your virginity is commendable.

• Thank you.

I think there is far too much weight put behind having sex, granted it's important, I don't think it's more important than ensuring you are with the right person and that there is a natural chemistry between the two people involved.

What Guys Said 9

• Would I respect a girl for basically "not doing" something? It depends. The "answer" of "yes" or "no" are meaningless without a sound and well-reasoned underlying "why." If the activity was inherently "bad" (e. g., like a "crime"), then yes, the fact that she's a "virgin" in terms of her criminal record, or absolutely refused or hesitated as much as possible in committing a "crime," would supply the negative inference (although, logically flawed) that she's a "good" person - and that's "respectable."

What's "not respectable" is her showing me that she's basically some mindless zombie monkey that is easily spoon-fed ego-bait and social scripts, and then religiously subscribes to them in order to feel like a "good" person, while completely oblivious to the reality around her. What's also "not respectable" is her showing me that she takes more pride in feeling good about herself than in caring about making the person she supposedly cares about feel good (and if she knows, or reasonably should know that sex is important to her partner, and she consciously and voluntarily chooses to delay and deny as long as possible; well, it's hard to see where the "positive" or respectable human or emotional quality is in that).

Milton Erikson had an analogy with children in the kitchen. A boy and a girl, and one last cookie left in the cookie jar. There were four ways the situation could have played out, starting from the most "selfish" to the most "caring and loving." (1) the boy could eat the cookie for himself; (2) the girl could emotionally blackmail the boy through guilt and shame or yelling and screaming into giving her the cookie; (3) the girl could "ask" for the cookie, and the boy could "then" give her the cookie; and lastly, (4) without the girl ever asking, the boy could just consider her needs and feelings, her wants and desires, and put them ahead of his own and "give" her the cookie.

Which choice people make is very telling of who they are.

• That is a very trivial question. In our society, unfortunately, no, they do not. However, there are those of us that do respect women. Few and far between in this sexual society

• I'm glad that there are guys out there that will respect and wait and not cheat because when you wait it makes the sex better

• Me and my girlfriend have been dating a year and a half and we've never done anything sexual to one another and I think we have a pretty good mutual respect

• Yes, because I've totally called a girl a "bitch" before since she wouldn't have sex with me...

• Guys? Probably some, but personally, no not really.

• I guess the guys who say that to you are the ones who have to first lie about you having sex with you so they can put the statement.
    stop generalizing..

• i dont know about "guys" but i know that if you make me wait longer than 7 months, damn right i will respect you every day, i will know you are wife material... and i would never hesitate to put a ring on your finger...

• That's true I am making a commitment to not having sex with the next guy I get with until I know its gonna be something permanent.

• i wish you well, and i also hope the guy will see how valuable you really are to him...

• Waiting's find as long as it doesn't come with mind games.

• I don't. If a girl doesn't sleep with me within the first few dates, I won't see her anymore. Sex is very important part of relationships to me, I can't have a relationship with someone who doesn't even want to have sex with me. I'm not into 'good girls' though, so my opinions on this are very different to most guys.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course yes. We have to make you wait for the dessert. Otherwise you'll eat it and walk away

• They will gotta these days just expect to fuck every time and Gary mad when you say no but why yuppy mad tho

• I don't really care if he respects me for making him wait. I would make him wait regardless.

Not to purposely torture the guy but just to make sure he is the right one. I'm a virgin and don't want to lose my virginity to just anyone.

I want to be sure he really cares about me and is sincere.

Lots of people on this site criticized me for that- one said I wasn't being genuine with the guy by making him wait. Didn't make sense to me because I'm being myself by doing that.

I would make the guy wait because that's what feels right to me. Not just so he can respect me or think I'm awesome

• By waiting you weed out the guys who do not respect you.
    You can date a guy and if you find out he is a jerk at least you can walk away knowing you did not have sex with him

• That's true like guys just expect sex because user as female just give it away so easy