Is it worth putting hard work into your life if you just don't care anymore?

I sometimes think about doing some things to better myself, but then I feel like no matter what I do I will never get what I'm looking for. What's the point of betterment when you will always be alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll admit that I do want to be married and have a family some day, but if that dream never comes to fruition then I'm fine with that since that's only one aspect of my life. I've grown to be fairly happy with the person I am and my own company. At the end of the day, I have dreams and goals for my own life, dreams that will give me self gratification, and me finding that yin to my yang won't get the dreams achieved anymore than if I'm married or single forever.

• I used to have aspirations. But now I just wish someone would slit my throat and leave me to die alone.

• I'm extremely bipolar and have little control over my own moods. I go from manic to depressive and back again daily. I just want it to stop.

• Sorry, I didn't know that and in no way am I trying to make light of your situation. Just take each day as one new day, different from the others and just be happy and prepared for what's to come. Understand the situation your dealing with, but don't let it be something that completely brings down your entire day. If it's something you've dealt with, just begin to live with it and try to be stronger than your disorder.

What Girls Said 1

• I enjoy working hard, not only for the outcome but for the process itself. For me this is the best way to live. Working hard makes my sadness go away and at least it stops things from getting worse.
    What has it to do with being alone?

• I used to work so hard I had to be told to stop or I'd hurt myself. Most of my life I've spent in solitude, and I'm sick of the loneliness. Having someone to trust (and having emotionally charged sex) left me almost stress free. But i am lousy at a talking to girls and have no hope finding one anyhow.

What Guys Said 2

• If you keep doing what you did, you'll keep getting what you got.

• I don't know that i'll find a partner ever, but I take my pride in my character and ability, no matter what others think you never have any reason to give up on yourself