Why are we so judgmental towards people who date outside there race?

Most people I hang out date in there race, I don't think I'm weird cause I like to date outside my race. I just think I like what I like, love has no color. I thought we were pass racism, but I guess not. Nowadays I see more mixed people than anything, but yet its weird for me to date outside my race. What race do I belong to when I'm mixed? Do I date Black or Puerto Rican? Do I only date mixed?

• I date outside my race
  • I prefer to date inside my race, but I don't mind dating outside my race.
  • I think we should all just stay seperate.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a problem dating outside my race before. It's a pretty diverse city, so you see couples of differing ethnicities all the time and nobody thinks anything of it. Maybe some of the grandparents grumble, but nobody young.

I think the amount of judgement and racism really depends on where in the world you are. Most forms of bigotry, racism included, are usually much more prevalent in areas with poor education. It's often based on fear or jealousy - "they're going to take my job", "they are going to get something I don't have", "they are going to take something from me". It shifts the blame, shifts responsibility, and lets the stupid think that their personal failures are the result of someone else, and not just their own laziness or stupidity. Which is clearly wrong, and the reason why it's more common amongst the uneducated and the adherents of propaganda.

As for what race you belong to when you're mixed? The human race would be my guess. Just like if you were not mixed. That's the only race that matters to me.

• Calling the other side if the argument stupid. What an honorable stand point.

• Full Definition of BIGOT. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Bigotry is fueled by logical fallacies. It is powered by hasty generalizations (not a fancy name, I admit, but I didn't name it). Basing an argument on a fallacy is erroneous. Fervently believing in erroneous ideas is, quite frankly, stupid. What do you call something that is the opposite of intelligent? What do you suggest I call something that is not only logically incorrect, but shouted and enforced in an attempt to drown out information that IS logically correct?

Honour doesn't come into it. There is logic, and there is not. It isn't a value judgement, it is fact. I am generally open to looking at both sides of an issue, but there has to actually BE a different side to an issue that can be defended. Bigotry has no defence.

What Guys Said 10

• People are only judgmental because of the past race relations. Had that history not existed people wouldn't really give much thought to it.

• The culture shock is too much for me tbh. Plus. Knowing my luck, if I dated a black girl, she would have a very racist grandmother stereotype in the family. Would not work out well lol.

• I'm white, I date outside my race, and half my family is Filipino so of course I don't judge people who date interracial.

• Speak for yourself. I'm attracted to whoever the fuck I'm attracted to, not because of their race. Maybe I just happen to find more black girls unattractive, so fucking what? It's not because of their skin color.

• I have dated or had sex with spanish, Asian and indian and i am white.

• "We"? Helluva poll you took there.

• It's Just another means of the common close- minded man to try to express their views of "order" -_-

• Why not come over to the white side

• Speak for yourself, I don't judge anyone who dates outside of their race.

• I date outside my race, but I generally find that I'm attracted more to my own race, and I've never felt attraction towards black girls.
    It's not racist for people to have preferences

What Girls Said 6

• If you're mixed, whoever you date will be outside of your race.

Don't date based on the amount of melanin someone has.

• That's great that you honk that. But homey we are still not past racism and never have been

• I date outside my race! I'm black and I'm dating a white guy.

• If they want to date outside or within their own race that's fine. Friends who don't like it when I date out of my race because they are racists towards that race

• I'm not a racist but blonde guys are more into me. You should date people you really like, not thinking of the politic issues or how will society react to that. :)

• I could care less