Is it fair to be in relationship limbo like this?

I was told by a guy that we were in between being just friends and being in a relationship. In other words, we are both and we are neither because he's not ready for a relationship, but at the same time, doesn't want us to be just friends. Is this fair to either of us?

... I asked him where we were going with what we are doing, and he doesn't know. He's just enjoying the journey for as long as it lasts.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's not fair. Do not wait around for him.

What Guys Said 1

• No, it's not fair at all, at least I think so.

• I don't want us to be just friends. I want us to both be happy with what we have with each other, but at the same time, I can't be happy unless I know for sure where we are going with this. He can't say for sure, can't promise anything. What now?

• You are right, he is wrong, but he will probably never admit it... maybe you need some more patience.

What Girls Said 2

• No its not fair to either of you. If you want a relationship and he doesn't its not going to change. Men mean what they say, if he says he doesn't want a relationship there is an 85% he really doesn't want a relationship. No hidden agenda or code...

• I really don't want to move on. Not if there is a chance of a relationship. I have a hard time with making friends, let alone dealing with men. I don't know. I just don't know.

• I'm in the US, and I've found a support group which seems promising. I've already sent an email to the therapist who runs it. I'll also run it by my family. No sense in dealing with things alone anymore.

• I am so happy for you, please keep me updated on you progress. I feel so excited for you

• Hey, we are EXACTLY in the same situation. So, I totally know what u r feeling right now. But know that love will triumph. At least, that's what I believe in.