Preppy and nice guys don't like me? Why is this?

I go for nice guys, and I don't discriminate. It could be a rocker guy, a preppy guy, a nerdy guy, etc. Just as long as you are cool, nice guy, you're good in my book! Lol. But I notice nice guys don't like me! Why is that? I am a nice girl, and I love people, I am nowhere near a slut, but I notice that preppy guys don't like me either. Only douche bags and jocks go for me it seems. I always get stuck with the losers or the bad boys, and the good/nice guys always seem to disregard me, and I get rejected a lot by the nice guys. It saddens me that only douchebags go for me. Is it appearance? Or is it something else? Why don't nice guys like me? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• a problem with a lot of nice guys is their self esteem is what I've noticed. a lot of guys with confidence tend to be assholes with it for some reason, and most of the nice guys really just kinda get stepped on and pushed aside for being "too nice" and in turn, kinda get down on themselves. so maybe some of the guys you're approaching don't think it's with romantic intentions and might even think there's no way someone like you would go for them. just keep your head up and keep trying girl. :)

• Yes you are so right about that! And thank you I will keep my head up lol, but it does sadden me :( Thanks girl! :)

What Guys Said 12

• Like I've mentioned many times before, I am one of those in the bad boys category- not a loser or a douche though lol

Now for your question's answer, are you familiar with the term 'opposites attract'?

Also that though you are a very nice and kind hearted girl, you are also a very confident, outgoing and trusting girl who can be quite unassuming and come up as quite aggressive

While you wind up attracting the opposite of you, not only do you get known by the company you keep but also the unassuming & confidently outspoken aggressive part of you tends to scare the 'nice guys' away while on the other hand the bad boys want their hands on you to quench their thirst for controlling someone as confident and aggressive thus making themselves feel good inside :-)

• I am not that confident, I mean I like to have fun, but I wouldn't say I am really confident though, but I see what you mean and it makes perfect sense. Thanks Raj for sharing your wisdom on this. Not all bad boys are bad, just the ones that I associate with hahaha. Thank you! :)

• A girl who likes to have fun is often seen and perceived as confident :-)

Yep not all bad boys are bad by nature or intent but they do stuff that aren't considered good by 'normal' people lol which is why I'm a bad boy ha ha

• You're a little opinionated and probably don't defer to them like they think you should. These guys tend to be impressed with themselves, and think others should listen open-mouthed.

• My cousin is the same way she goes for guys with no jobs, losers, bad boy image
    she had her little girl to guy who just got out jail. Some girls are like that they either
    try to date a nice guy and get shit on or they date a bad guy like for while than
    he screws her over well, I'm thinking you may have self esteem problems and
    when your with a nice guy and he starts treating you nice you get scared than
    bail out of the relationship and go back to the bad guys again ( jocks, douche-bags)
    i think your nice girl, very pretty but I think it's self esteem issues that you scare
    the nice guys away they can pick up on it.

• It might be that nice guys need to accept what you like as in terms
      of music, places to hang out at or go, maybe the nice guys are judging
      they need to learn to accept you for who you are

• You have a good point there. One thing I noticed is that I am more aggressive with the nice guys. Like I will call them and text them, and make subtle hints to go out with them etc. I basically take initiative with the nice guys and they always reject me or not respond etc. I think it's because I am aggressive and they don't like that, and probably mistake as being pushy or something. Where as with the douchebag guys I reject them and they keep trying with me then I eventually give in and go on a date with them , just to be disappointed lol. That's how it seems to go all the time. I am just so fed up. Lol. And yeah I know a lot of girls like your sister, I hope everything works out for her. Thank you for your input.

• You're Welcome :)

• It's possible that the nice guys you go after are not interested because they assume you are taken, or out of their league.

• But if I like them and want to go out with them obviously I don't think they are out of my league nor am I taken, because I am loyal, and I hate cheaters lol!

• It could be they are already taken, or you are not their type. You don't look like a girl that preppy guys go for.

• It has nothing to do with you you gotta storm though all the bad people before a nice guy is into you. You just have bad luck :( I am the same way I have had a lot of bad white girls go for me and its disgusting its usually the girls with a bad childhood who were abused by their mom or dad and now they are taking their anger out on everybody and the few times a nice girl was into me I had a hard time believing it and I got too nervous to ask them.

• Awww :( I'm sorry to hear that! You poor thing! :( You;re right though! But definitely when a girl is interested don't think you are no inadequate, you're not! :) Thank you for your input.

• Awe :) <3 thanks I wish I knew you we would make an amazing couple. Yeah so I guess me and you are basically in the same boat its hard to believe something happening to you when it happens rarely.

• Haha aww :) That's sweet! I know! I have the worst luck I swear! Lol. It's definitely ridiculous!

• so your saying jocks are losers?

• No not at all! I meant just losers AND jocks, not "jocks are losers." Jocks aren't. Honestly there were very cool sport players I met. I am sorry if that sounded like I was stereotyping, because I am actually friends with a lot of jocks and they are very cool to hang out with and talk to :) Majority of jocks though are total douchebags, BUT NOT ALL! And it seems like the douchebag jocks go after me, not the cool, nice jocks. Thank you for commenting, and sorry if I offended you in anyway.

• Well to be honest you seem like the type that would go for bad boys.

• u look like you are "jock and badboy property" so they dont want to get beat up or somthing

• It could be the way you carry yourself and how you dress. A lot of people make unnecessary judgments based on that alone, especially the shyer, nice type of guys.

• I wouldn't say I dress slutty, but I do have big boobs lol, they pop out of everything I wear haha, so it could be misjudged as I am a "slut" that is doing it on purpose or something. You have a point there, thank you for commenting, because it really does baffle me lol.

• Lol yeah it definitely could be. Most if not all guys love big boobs so you are lucky there haha

And you're welcome.

• Maybe since you only been with and attracted badboys, you have already built up a reputation/ rumour of being a slut even if you aren't. That's how messy life can be.

• I see what you mean, but honestly I have only been in one relationship when I was 18 for a year and the guy was a douchebag, bad boy type, but he was misleading because he was really nice to me, then months to a year down the line his true colors came out and I was like "BYE!" lol. I don't really have a rep, because I am not experienced with relationships and what not. I don't put out, because I am not the booty call type lol. So it really is baffling because my rep is not tainted or anything, besides, I am not into bad boys just that one douche that I dumped two years ago lol. But thank you for commenting! :)

• It must be reputation that you only date a certain type and why bother.

• I only was in one relationship and that was when I was 18 and it was for a year. He was a douchebag, but ever since I haven't been in a relationship and I don't go for bad boys. The one relationship I had was misleading because he portrayed such a nice guy, but then his true colors came out months and a year down the line, and I said "BYE!" lol. If anything, I hardly ever put out, and I don't really have a reputation, because like I said, I am not that experienced with relationships and such, so that baffles me. But thank you for commenting! :)

• Lol! Yeah let's hope so buddy! Haha.

• I know so:)

• If you want nice guys, consider looking back into the pool of guys you have friend-zoned over the years. You're likely to find a lot of nice guys, because its usually the nice guys who get friendzoned just for being 'nice' (even if they are interesting in so many ways).

Sorry to be so blunt and perhaps rude. ALL women in this world hate me and think I'm the biggest scum of the planet anyway, so my views of girls have become slightly flawed.

• I see what you mean, but if I did friendzone, it wasn't intentional. I had one nice guy, but then he got quickly taken by some other girl. I am over bad boys and I can't stand them and I never did like bad boys really. Treating me like crap never appealed to me lol. By the way you are not scum to me! Sorry if girls actually think that way about you! :( Nobody should feel that way! Thank you for commenting!

• Thanks for your kind words! much appreciated! :)

• No problem buddy! :)

What Girls Said 2

• Well there are times, where guys assume that girls are taken because they are so gorgeous. But in reality they aren't, and they are really lonely.

• Yeah lol. I would say I am pretty lonely, I haven't found the right guy yet. All my options are douche bags and losers, and I won't settle for that, because that's not what I want, but you made a good point there. Thank you for commenting!

• This is so true!

• many will but just dont dare to approach you

• i suggest online getting to know them maybe :) and then meet up