Will boys be turned off by my old self harm scars on the side of my thigh?

When I was about 13-14 I used to cut myself along the side of my hip/upper thigh, I don't do it any more but some of the scars haven't faded. Are men going to see them and step back and run? Should I tell them before anything happens? I'm not much of a one night stand person and to be honest I don't think they'd even notice, but with relationships that may in the future be going somewhere do I just wait and pray they don't notice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm assuming it isn't visible when you wear shorts, and it will only be seen when you are "intimate". I wouldn't worry about, as by that time either the scars will have continued to fade and not be noticeable, or you'll have a relationship with the person and what you did that long ago won't matter in the least.

I don't think you need to think of it at all right now.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should let them know as they might think you still do and that could be offputing. I don't think they will mind, well I certainly wouldn't, that you used to.

• You probably shouldn't worry about it but, if like you say the relationship is going somewhere just be honest and tell them the truth it shouldn't make a difference.

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys finds atractive that kind of things 😊 so dont worry. if he loves scars doesn't matter.