I have a serious illness will that put guys off me?

I have cystic fibrosis and I'm worried guys will never want to be with me because of it. I don't make it my life like I hardly talk about it but I still think it would be a massive issue. When would I tell them I have it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel bad, but I wouldn't get involved with a girl that a hereditary issue like that. I'd feel guilty for any complications my future children would have.

• However, what is the life quality and expectancy like for people with your condition?
      If it wasn't TOO bad, I'd consider artificial insemination.

• Don't feel bad I'd think exactly the same, I can't have children anyway and the life expectancy is around 37 years old

• Thank you for MH.
      Don't let your illness keep you down :)

What Guys Said 4

• Don't be so afraid.

A guy falls in love with your heart and spirit, or so it should be.

I would not allow myself to be so afraid of not meeting the perfect guy, just because you are sick. Personally I'd love to hold a hurting woman I love in my arms, comfort her, and make her feel better.

• If I fall for a girl I don't think it would put me off. I try to live in the moment :)

• Hey, it certainly wouldn't put me off. I'm in a wheelchair so in comparison, it'd be very hypocritical not to date a girl due to their illness. Don't worry about it, if people judge you for it. You don't want them in your life anyway xox

What Girls Said 4

• i'm so sorry that you have to deal with this :/ you're young and beautiful. it sucks that this is something you have to worry about. i think you should get to know the guy a little and then tell him- for two reasons. it's your diagnosis and i think maybe developing a little trust before sharing it might be a good idea. also, you want to give him the chance to potentially start thinking of you in a romantic way. CF isn't contagious so it isn't like you're withholding information which can affect his health. hopefully getting to know you will allow him to consider you for -you-. people with CF date, have relationships, get married... it just takes meeting the right person. you will. have a little hope and trust in all that you have to offer a guy :)

• I think and consider it would only be fair if you did the decent thing and told them at the very beginning.

Hopefully any guy worth his weight would realise and appreciate just how honest a girl you are.

• For romance yes, but to have kids... Probably no.

• How old are you?