Why don't the guys that like me go after me? What should I do about this?

Guys never go after me, it's not that they don't like me, because they do, they just don't ever tell me. They have their friends tell me, or they tell me at the last minute when it's too late to do anything about it. I get that they get nervous and that it can be intimidating, but I'm nervous too. So what should I do to change this? And how can I tell that they like me? Am I doing something wrong? Oh by the way some background info. I don't have any scary relatives that they should be intimidated by, I'm not ugly, and I'm truly oblivious when it comes to flirting (Idk when I'm doing it and when I'm not), I'm not popular, and I have basically no game whatsoever.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you aren't going after them!!

What Guys Said 3

• It's the new dating age that is driving men to do such things !!! Now adays everyone's like that, they try to ignore their feeling for the opposite sex and or are afraid to express it. because they don't want to sound "needy" or "clingy" now I agree with women doing that because teasing is in their nature !! That's how it's sopused to be. But not for men, man has to chase after what they want and shouldn't be afraid to say how they feel.

• You're probably doing nothing wrong At your age (under 18) guys are still very much afraid of girls. Give them sometime to figure it out.

• Oblivious to flirting, not popular; how you know a guy was trying to go after you or not if you can't even recognize flirting?

What Girls Said 1

• Guys can be weird like that (I know from experience) but if you really like someone and are pretty certain that they like you back, why don't you go after them?

• To be honest, I just don't even know how to flirt, I can talk to the guy I like no pressure, but when I find out that the guy likes me back, I freeze up under pressure and it becomes awkward, and the whole thing gets weird.

• I understand that. I'm no expert in flirting but I'd say its just kinda being cheeky a little bit but making it clear you like them. A way I've found that I know when someone likes me is when they ask to play truths, because pretty much every time they will ask who you like and hope that you say them or its the other way around. Also the whole freezing up thing, I am the exact same. I'm confident but I don't like confrontation or any situation like that but I get little moments when I'm feeling overly confident and in those times I pretty much will do anything (once I got up on stage and sang in front of this whole group of people about having a wedgy on a catboat!) Now tell me thats not awkward and weird but still, it turned out to be really fun and I made a lot of friends out of it :) Also what do you have to lose?