I have PTSD, should I tell the guy I'm daiting?

We just started dating, and I had a flashback during sex, he didn't ask so I didn't tell. I thought of hiding it untill he asks, but I'm unstable right now and have been having them often. He's an innocent guy and was really scared when it happened the first time. I don't want to lie to him but I'm nervous that he'll see me differently.

• Tell him next time you have one
  • Don't tell him

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely or else he might misunderstand your reactions to him as possibly fickle or manipulative behavior when in fact they could be defence mechanisms or not understand that you have much higher barriers to overcome to put you in a state of comfort with regards to escalating things.

You don't have to go in full details but just explain some events in life have caused you to be in such a position.

• Thats a good idea! I didn't think of just telling him that I have it and not why. That would save me trouble.

• Yes , you can open to him slowly over time if you want but you don't have to wear your heart on your sleeve.

What Guys Said 4

• if you are serious about a long-term relationship, I think you should tell him.

• Thanks. Even if we've only been seeing esuch other for less than a month?

• Yes, tell him. Be prepared! This could be a deal breaker. Just being honest.

• I serve in the military and seen many a people who have PTSD, personally think best thing is to let him know and gradually open up about it.

• If you don't tell him, one day it's going to manifest itself into something terrible and then y'all will be done whether you like it or not.

Better to let him know and find ways to deal with it than to hide from the truth forever.

What Girls Said 3

• It would probably be best to tell him, so he knows he's not the cause if what is happening.

• I think you already know the answer to your own question, don't you.

In any relationship whether it is new and just starting out, trust and honesty are first and foremost.

• ish. My worry is that it might be too early to get into things that deep. I know I should tell him I just don't know if he needs to know so early in the relationship.

• OK... So... WHEN WILL BE A GOOD TIME... Never?

And you should put yourself for a moment in his position... HOW DO YOU THINK HE WILL FEEL if you tell him perhaps in three, six, twelve months time.

• What's PTSD? Nevertheless you should tell him because trust and honesty are the keys to a successful relationship