Desperate or just looking past looks?

So a friend of mine is in relationship with a guy she didn't find attractive at all when she first met him. She was the one to ask him on dates etc... Would you call her desperate in a way? I asked a question on here earlier this week and someone referred me as desperate for a relationship since i was dating guys i didn't find attractive. Whats your thoughts about it? Do you agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think she is desperate. It may look like that from the outside. I think everybody has a certain type they like and would date. I think besides looks other important things may come into play like if he has a car, works, etc. Also personality and depending on what your friend likes or looks for in a guy. Everybody has their certain type of checklist and criteria they look for in a person. So I think it doesn't give a person a right to judge what another person's preference is.

What Guys Said 2

• Desperate for dating "ugly" guys? that's bullshit.

If anything I would think that the guy is rich, influential, or is paying you. But that would only be my first impression. After a few moments I'll start thinking that those two just found each other attractive and let that be the end of it... everybody has different tastes anyway.

Example: girl I'm seeing thinks I'm "hot." Her sister thinks I look like a rapist (heard this through the grapevine).

What Girls Said 1

• As an old fashioned woman who thinks the guy is supposed to approach, it looks desperate, but to the younger generation not so much. Looks aside.