How true is this for today's society?

Someone here said:

"It's why a lot of men with money are going overseas to find wives. I'm sorry, but this hook-up culture has been DEVASTATING for most men. A handful of attractive men are fucking a different woman every week. The rest of us are for the most part dateless, and when we do find a date she's already slept with like 20 different guys and has a couple of STD's and a kid. Back when people married young, almost everyone got a partner. Players avoid commitment though, which keeps them on the market, meaning the majority of girls are fucking the same handful of guys. Then after their looks go, and those players don't want to fuck them anymore, they demand a decent guy to settle for them. I'm 26, still a virgin. Girls my age have all fucked over a dozen guys, and most of them have kids, a lot of them by multiple fathers.. Do you understand the dating game from the male perspective yet?"

He has been cheated on countless times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not all woman you can't generalize like that, so he has trust issues woman get cheated on too not just like men. Also if players wanna be players then they aren't going to meet the nice girl are there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously exaggerated, but there is truth to it.

Men take longer to become independent in the past. As such, a typical guy may not have a house and a job until 25 or later. Crap housing market, higher education requirements, and greater student debt are the main factors for this. As such, couples usually don't form until later, whereas 50 years ago a guy could get a house and a job with a high school diploma.

Women are choosier than in the past. A typical young girl (say, 21 or under) isn't going to stick with a single guy unless he is the WHOLE package. Because college educated women can become financially independent, there's no economic pressure to marry a stable provider guy, so most girls would rather keep dating around than settle for good enough. As such, couples usually don't form until later, whereas 50 years ago an 18-year-old girl would be well on her way to finding a stable husband/provider/father figure.

In those 18-25 ages when older generations got married, we now have mostly singles. During that seven years, though, people don't stop having relations and sex. Even if guys aren't ready for the demands of marriage, they're still going to try and get laid while they work toward independence. Even if girls haven't found Mr. Right, they're still going to fulfill their sex drives with Mr. Hot-but-not-stable-enough.

What results is two basic types of men- those who meet the new female standard and those who don't. The guys that do can pretty much get laid on command, and most of them don't see the need to get married at all. The guys that don't are left wondering why being good (stable, good father figures) isn't good enough anymore (or only good enough for the single moms). The new players make women resent men, and the new betas resent women for resenting them.

What Girls Said 5

• You said you're 26 but you're page says your under 18. Either way, you're going about this the wrong way, pretty much everyone gets played at least once in the dating game and as young people, you learn from that. You say you've been cheated on countless times, yes that may be horrible but if it keeps happening maybe it's time to ask themselves WHY the girls are cheating on you, maybe it's something about you, not them. Anyhow this bitter attitude towards dating is hardly gonna land you your perfect girl. Time to put your past in the past and let it go and have a fresh approach.

• I don't buy the story or the exageration of it , but there not be anything wrong with you , they you chose and select potential partners might need a new approach , girls that cheat is not because of you. If there are issues with you , a good girl would walk away , tell you , but cheating , you lost nothing worthy.

• well if you just read the very first line instead of playing detective...

• I said "somewhere here said". That wasn't my content. I was just questioning it.

• Someone bitter wrote that. I don't buy it.

• He has been cheated on countless times.

• I know what you mean. It's hard to trust someone. Those women you are talking about don't have morals or class. Sorry you had to experience that. I did as well

• That wasn't me. It was an excerpt written by a 26-year-old man.

I am only 16, but worried about my romantic future.

Also, me and him (the guy I quoted in the OP) are saving ourselves until marriage.

• @asker no need to worry. There are still a lot of women of the class you desire.

• yessssssssss !!! veryyyyyyyyyyyyy true

im glad someone sees it

• who is the writer btw?

• I'm 15 and I know how you feel the majority of the guys at my school sexually objectify women and lower out standards and we don't think there are decent men out there I personally think its awesome you are saving yourself

What Guys Said 7

• How true is it?

Its an exaggeration, but society has moved somewhat in that direction. Certain pockets are more like that than others - college towns of liberal arts schools are going to be more like that (thanks to having 3 women for every 2 male students), small town alaska (more males) is going to be less like that.

There really are only two models of sexuality that are common though - powerful males with harems, or roughly paired off.

• I think that is very true. Butin the same time it is what it is. Its the world we live in. All you can do is go out and try. Plus, there are a lot of girls who do this shit, but forget abou them. There trash, but there are a lot of trashy guys who go around not using protection and cheat ontheir girls and beat and abuse them. Just keep looking at try to find that girl who is a similar place as yourself, and leave the trashy girls for the trashy guys. I also dont understand what you mean when you say girls demand to have a nice guy after they are old. That part could use more clarification.

• I see some degree of truth to it. But, at the same time the dating scene is what you make it. You have to put yourself out there, but at the same time you don't want to go for just any girl. To find a girl you may like go to a place where girls of your particular interest may frequent or hang out.

• I'm the person who originally wrote that. Glad to see people are quoting me. :P

http://m.memegen.com/f8wojt.jpg

• I have to say, that sounds about right.

• You say you're 26 , But on GAG you're under 18 ?

• LOL that is 0% true and 100% the self-pitying whinings of a pathetic man