Do people who exclusively date interracial weird you out?

They kinda weird me out. It's like skin color is their main objective for dating that person and nothing else like personality and compatibility matters that much. Personally I couldn't be with a woman who only was interested in me because of my skin color. Skin color is like the last thing I would even consider when I'm single and looking. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sort of, but then I think... if we can be attracted to things like eye/hair color, body parts, etc. then is skin color really so different? If any of those things is the -main- reason someone's dating me though, that I wouldn't be cool with.

• Yeah but some people date people solely because they are a certain skin color though.

• But you can obtain muscles. You can't obtain race. That's something you can't change.

• Well same with a really curvy body, or instead of muscles let's say height. It's mostly genetics.

What Girls Said 3

• On out of 2:
    Either that's just their preference as hair color, body shape, etc.
    Or they think it's cool

If it's the first case, then I have nothing against it

• Would you date someone like that?

• To be honest, it makes me think they may have self esteem issues with themselves or have some type of perversion. I feel bad for saying this but, ( I'm African American) if a guy says something like "I only date black women" it's definitely a turn off for me.

• Definitely. I would question their motives behind only dating that race.

What Guys Said 3

• How can you know that someone dates Exclusively interracial? To me it doesn't matter what a womans skin color is. A woman is a woman to me, and if she has a good personality and nice body, I would be attracted to her. It is a shame that more people are not like that, but thats the way it is I guess.

• Um if they say so. There's plenty of people who exclusively date interracial . They call it a preference.

• No preference is usually overlapped with exclusive.

• I suppose people assign different rules to the meaning of the word. But I guess if you mean someone came up to you and said "Hey I only date Asian women" and they were white, that would be a little weird.

• They weird me out as much as anyone who only dates within his own race.

• Yea usually they have some mental issues.

• agreed.

• Also I agree with you it would feel strange knowing that a woman likes me only because of my skin color.

• Yeah like some weird fetish or something.