Would dating a girl with terrible self-esteem be interesting and create heartfelt moments or become irritating?

I could see it being a very caring relationship, but also as a very irritating one. Also, have you ever dated someone with low self esteem?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating someone with low self-esteem can be daunting. You will tire easily of being their personal cheerleader. Encourage her to seek counseling so you won't become her "counselor". You want to be her lover not her counselor. If she does that then I would say go ahead and pursue a dating relationship with her. If she is in counseling great then you're in a good position. Just be mindful of what you're getting yourself into. Go in with your eyes wide open and you won't have any surprises. Also know that individuals with low self-esteem may have other imbeded emotional issues they need to work on. This doesn't mean they don't deserve love it just means their lover needs to be aware of it. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm insecure, and pretty shy. I was bullied, harassed, and broken by peers. I've tried so long to get my self esteem back, but its hard. The reason that you listed is exactly why I'm afraid to pursue a relationship.
    I personally think that it wouldn't be too bad. I would be terrified of showing my insecurities. But under it is an amazing person. If he breaks down my barriers (with me helping of course) It could be beautiful. And I'd love him until the end!
    It could be difficult dating a low self esteemed girl, but every relationship has obstacles, because we're all imperfect. It just has to be a girl that puts an effort on helping herself (Not letting "Prince Charming" do ALL of the work.) That can stress out anybody. There's some that will help, that you just show that you care, and she forgets about walls. And there's girls that won't help themselves.
    If there is a girl, be patient and understanding. However if she doesn't even try, then she's being inconsiderate. Then, you know what to do.

• It could be super romantic but I can see how it'd be irritating. As long as she sees therapy.

• I have really low self esteem, an the guy I dated got really tired of me asking why he wanted me if he's so much better and stuff and he ended calling it off when I kept getting upset because I felt I wasn't good enough and he got angry so it requires a lot of patience

• I'm a girl. I have very low self esteem because I was bullied when I was younger. Being told I was ugly all the time has kind of left scars on my self assurance.
    BUT if I could find a guy that cared just a teeny weeny bit, I'm pretty sure it would boost my self esteem back up.
    So I think that if you care for the girl, it could be an insanely cute and beneficial relationship. But it depends on the girl. Some just won't see in themselves what you do, no matter what you say or do. they'll just think you're lying to make them feel better... And that would be... Uhm... Yeah I guess irritating is the word x)
    Anyhow, good luck if you're thinking about doing that :)

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the individuals. Some insecure people can get jealous and start fights. Others get clingy and are afraid to argue. Depending on what types of girls you like it could be a blessing or a curse.