Depression when it comes to dating?

Would you date a girl suffering from depression or is/was cutting if you knew before?

• Yeah, I'd do that.
  • No, I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• No problems, honestly I'd like to help them if I could.

People who are depressed usually think a little more deeply than others as well, leading them to be more creative/artistic. I'd see if we could channel her depression (and sometimes, mine) into something more productive than harming ourselves.

Sometimes you just have bad days, but I'd rather have someone who says "I understand, just lean on me today" rather than "Wtf? Mental!"

What Guys Said 5

• it happens to a lot of us
    i dont know if this is common or if it was just me but when i was really depressed i started dating/befriending people who were depressed and sort them out at my expense emotionally/physically because i didn't matter but i never "loved" any of them, kinda just got me worse and worse.
    but yeah i dont know if other people do that just look out for it i guess

• no problems

• It's doubtful but not completely out of the question

• HELL NO.

Not a good idea in the least of bits. A person who is cutting them selves is not cut out for any relationship (no pun intended) Don't waste time trying to "save" someone either.

• no, girls want guys with good genes. guys should be free to do the same.

What Girls Said 0