Is a 14 year age gap too much?

A friend of mine is 18 yrs. Old and she started talking to this guy that was 32 years old. 14 years older than her and she said that he thought it was kind of weird but he was okay and acts like he's in control most of the time. And he gets mad when she can't see him because she has school.

Is it the age gap? Is he too old for her? I told he was but she wants other people's views on it. Thanks in advance!

• yeah, that's too much!
  • no its no problem.
  • I'm not sure, let me see the results!

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all he is creepy if he gets mad because she needs to go to school. It seems like he's a very controlling guy. And some men specifically date younger girls because they think they can control them and control the sex better than with a woman of their own age. So warn her about this. If he's already now a bit controlling than it's best for your friend to stay away from.

Age difference can be an issue. My ex was also 14 years older and I was 22 when we started our relationship. But the problem is that he was already basically settled in his life: you won't make a lot of changes anymore in personality and desires when you're older. So 5 years later I was a totally different person than who I was when we first started. When you're young you still develop a lot in your personality, your dreams, etc. You do grow apart. So I ended it.

What Guys Said 7

• That's really creepy... like... he can't find someone near his own age... it sounds like he's close to pedophilia at that age.. if she were 17 .. man... the shit he'd be in. Much different between 17-18 He's 14 years older, he knows music she wasn't even born on.. like thats just.. I don't know too much

• That's too much of a generation gap. He wouldn't be able to keep up with her social life or vice versa

• Much to large of an age difference. The biggest problem is the age of your friend. At 18 they have not came close to becoming 'who they are.' Where as the older person has... If the friend was 24 it would be a different story. Anyways, the relationship would be doomed.

• So she was 7 years old and playing with play dough in Kindergarten when he 21 and playing beer pong, smoking pot, and having sex in college.

• No you can't help who you fall in love with. It's fine

• in This range of ages yes it is a lot !
    because they have différents world each one !

• It really depends more on the individuals than the age. There would be some challenges for an age gap like that, but it can have some advantages as well.

• Okay thanks for the opinion.
      Also what do you believe are advantages and disadvantages?

• That depends on their personalities. They might be at different stages in their life, and have a hard time understanding each other as a result. If she is very mature for her age, then him being older may make them more compatible than a guy her age that just wants to party.

What Girls Said 4

• Usually I'd say that it's no problem, but, I'd say in this case, it's too much. Mostly because this guy sounds like a control freak.

• That's what I told her, and she said he wasn't trying to be. I told her im just trying to look out for her. He seem sketchy, in a controlling way

• She can't see it because she's 'in love's with him. Just leave her be, and just be there for her when things go wrong. It's all you can do.

• Okay, I guess that is all I can do. Thanks :)

• No offense but i think that's kinda too much. When they go to a public places, will they be able to notice as a couple or sister-brother, uncle-niece type of relationship? But like what everybody says "age is just a number.." but she's too young. she will meet more guys than him. Its still up to her anyway

• Uncle/niece is a funny way to put it because my niece is only 7 years younger than one of her uncles and that would be a normal dating age lol

• Haha.. Your niece's situation is different from this. Should have known that

• I think that's too much. She could be dating men her age, who understand where she is at in her life, instead a man whose upset that she is in school. It sounds like he is trying to control her, & wants to have a young gf.

• Hell no, let me have them older guys!

• Damn, wish I knew who up-voted me.