Have you ever been catfished before?

If so, how did you find out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. By my crush's sister. Pretty cruel, considering it was in middle school, when most people are more sensitive to things like that. She stole his phone for an entire week and texted me as him and even asked me out. I, of course, accepted, thinking it was him. I found out the next Monday when all of his friends were laughing at me and i had no idea why. Then our mutual buddy texted me and explained it all. Turns out, my crush already had a huge crush on me and she was just trying to set us up. Then my crush told me that he just wanted to stay friends. So it was a really sucky week.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes. I got there and she was different basically. I've gotten hit with many girls using outdated photos through these sites. I'd meet them and just not meet them anymore after that. It's a waste of my time and a huge reason I barely touch those sites anymore. Catfishes and flakes galore.

• Why don't you Skype or snapchat them before you meet them?

• Well the first one I had facebooked with... and even then.. totally different!

The others were years ago when I had a flip phone basically. Plus I meet locally anyway so it's not like I am driving a big distance. I like meeting in person for short meets. It's just better.

• My friend did, he even went as far as making her his girlfriend, it was ridiculously funny and we clowned him for weeks about it.. cuz then... suddenly her Facebook dissappeared.

• Not really and the moment I ever doubted it, I mention it and I'm history ;-)

• Yes i been catfished many times all i do is google their email
    see if i can match it up on any site usually a email that
    i go here to trace people the ones who try catfishing me
    www.pipl.com / www.spokeo.com

• What does 'catfishes' mean?
    The term is not used here in Australia.

• It's someone who makes you believe, they are someone, who is completely different, from who they actually are. Lets say you meet a girl online, she sends you pictures of her, showing a beautiful blond girl, she says is a vegan, works at an animal shelter, and does modeling work in her spare time. You two get to know each other, and start 'dating' online, leading towards a relationship. But when you finally get to meet her, so is a short fat girl, with bad breath and pimples, who lives at her parents house, and has 4 children. That, is being catfished.

• What's that mean

• I found out when she started sending me different pics and had my name photoshopped in one of them

• What the hell? Lol

• I know I sent some to my friend just to get a second opinion and that's when it said it was photoshopped

What Girls Said 5

• YES! lol @BertMacklinFBI
    Because i had no clue who Chris Pratt was and thought for so long his avi was actually him.
    I feel betrayed lol.

• I got catfished by @BertMacklinFBI and his st00pid profile pic :P it's all good though :D

• Omg yes! This guy that was a really cool internet buddy sent me some pics when I asked him what he looked like... Photos he sent happen to be the pics of a model I had set as my BG lol!!! Ever since that day he just disappeared.

• No. That's dumb. Why waste both your time? And how can you fall in love with someone you've never met? I guess that can happen, but a lot of people need to also be physically attracted

• Yes, last month. I got a friend request on FB from a guy that was from my college. I usually don't accept friend requests from people I don't know in real life, but for some reason I accepted his request. He started talking to me and the conversation was being normal, until he said that he wanted to make out with me. I thought it was very strange but I continue to talk. He even gave me his number and the conversation was going well.
    One day I was talking to him and all of a sudden he disappeared. Next day, I send a message to a girl who was from my class and she said that he also sent her a friend request, but she didn't accept it. She told me that I should talk to another girl that we both met. So, I talk to this girl and she said to me that he was real and that she used to have a class with him. But she said that I should be careful, because he never had a conversation like that with her.
    A few days later, I told this story to a friend of mine. She decided to call him and pretend that it was me. She told who she was, said that she wanted to continue the conversation and asked him why he deleted his account. The only reply he gave was "Yes, yes". And then the call was over. My friend says that she didn't know if he hang out the call of if her credit ended. And I didn't try to call him again.

So, now I have a lot of questions on my mind. But, I'm afraid to text or to call him. I think about this everyday and I feel dumb and deceived.

Sorry for the long text. But this is what happened to me.