What is it like to date a Muslim girl in America?

Guys have you ever dated a Muslim girl, if so what was your experience like with them.

I am very open minded when it comes to dating. I've dated all different kinds of people but never a Muslim or middle eastern girl. There are plenty of beautiful ones around but never had a chance to get to know any of them. How are they like compared to Asians, Latinas, and white girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if American muslims are different. But a muslim does not date without a guardian present. Dating one-on-one is not allowed in Islam. That's why most date undercover, in locations where friends of family don't see them (muslim communities are great at social control)

But if you talk about Arabs from the middle east, not necessarily Muslims, than you might be able to date if they are open minded about it (family does not object) There are also Christian Arabs who might be a bit more laidback when it comes to this matter.

But a muslima dates a muslim, dating is a step to engagement and marriage for them. You don't do boyfriends, you don't take boyfriends home if they're not planning on asking your hand, etc.

I had a very strict upbringing. No going out, no staying out late, I had a had a curfew that you would laugh about, basically a very 50's style upbringing (even worse)

Again I'm from Europe and maybe European muslims are more hardcore than American Muslims. Maybe American Muslims are better intergrated in American society.

What Girls Said 2

• we it depends, some girls have strict families so it makes the relationship difficult and some have open minded families,... but over all us muslim girls are Nice girls and humble, not pushy or picky, most go with the flow, easy down to earth you can say... but some can be the opposite, but over all we are nice but considered different due to todays society with tentions high due to our islam religeon.

• really hard especially if you are a christian

What Guys Said 3

• I once dated a Muslim girl. Its hard, because there are people on both sides that don't like the idea and will try to break the two of you apart.

• Scary. I would rather not. Too risky. Muslim girls aren't even allowed to date in the first place.

• Keep your head on your shoulders. They are nice people.