Why haven't any nice guys approached me and asked me out?

I turned 18 this year and I still have never had a boyfriend. My family and friends (both guys and girls) tell me all the time that Im beautiful and have the ideal female characteristics that guys like (the body, the personality etc.). I always try to look my best when I go out and im always smiling and friendly. Guys stare but rarely ever approach me. Most of the guys that do come up to me are usually creeps who behave inappropriately. No guy that I've liked has ever approached me. Some guys I like stare but that's as far as it ever goes. I feel like I'm doing everything right but not getting any results. Why won't any good potential boyfriends approach me or at least try to start up nice conversation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice guys are often very shy, you should ask them out :)

What Guys Said 4

• Because there's a dang gender war going on right now and we're scared if we do we'll get locked up for harassment or some shit.

• Some guys can be very shy (that tens to be the more genuine ones) but the more 'lads' lad (the cocky bellend sort) are usually more 'direct' & less charismatic.

• you are 18. guys are afraid of gorgeous women. and secondly you may be completely egotistical and just a shallow snobby bitch. based on the phrase "why won't any GOOD potential boyfriends approach me?".

• approach and start up nice conversation with nice guys you like

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm... Have you ever considered changing tactics?

Why not go up to the guys that interest you and strike up a conversation.

You might just be pleasantly surprised. :)