Guys and girls do you think living with your SO before marriage is a bad idea or a good idea?

Do you think living with your SO before marriage is more likley to cause issues with the relationship or make it stronger?

0|0
5|4

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really just training. If it directly causes issues in your relationship, the marriage probably won't work out good. If it makes it stronger or has no change, the relationship will still have problems, of course, but chances are it'll be better. It'll answer the question "Do you really want to live with this person for the rest of your life" BEFORE the expensive marriage. If you don't like living with said person, then don't marry.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is an absolute must. Why in the hell would anyone ever marry someone, be locked with them for the rest of your life, without knowing if you can even live comfortably with them?

2|0
    0|0
  • Crucial, mandatory, essential. Better to find out before you spend all that money on a wedding and then a divorce.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither good or bad, I just know it isn't for me.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It's a great idea. You really don't know a person until you start living with them. They might be a great person out on dates and such, but a total slob at home or not so easy to get along with at home, and it would suck to be married and then find out afterwards that you can't stand to live together. Also, living together beforehand takes away the added stress of moving in together and finding ways to compromise on how you live on top of being newly married.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh please don't get married before living with your partner at least for a year. this is the only real way to find out if you a good match. some people date for 5 years, but as soon as they moved in together, just stress and break ups.

that's why i think if you are in a serious relationship, you shouldn't wait with moving in together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good idea. Better to make sure you can stand eachother and live in harmony before getting married.

2|0
    0|0
  • Good, it lets you know before getting married how well you get along while living together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good. Simply dating will never show you how they act in their own living environment.

0|0
    0|0