Have you ever had a gf just so you can practice how to be with a girl?

Have you ever done this?
Was it ever conscious
Etc

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, really good decision too.

When you are young, you typically have no idea whatsoever what your real character flaws are, how to be empathetic with another person, how to be discerning but non-judgmental, what healthy boundaries are, etc.

Going into a relationship with the understanding that you are probably not going to stay together (most relationships fail) takes off a lot of pressure, and having an exploratory mindset of just learning does wonders. I actively went into the relationship thinking "just assume this won't last and use it as practice, but if it works out, no need to jump ship."

I learned so much about myself and about women from that girl--it ended disastrously, lol, but I'm very happy to have had her in my life and be part of my experience and growth.

What Guys Said 6

• Not really, but my first gf was much more experienced than I was so I had to ask her what sort of duties I had as a boy friend and sexual things etc

• Not a girlfriend but flings. I would date them for a bit. And get what to say not to say. What to do in bed what not to do in bed. How to talk etcetera etcetera. But a relationship just to get practice is kinda cruel on who you are with. I wouldn't do that.

• I have flirted with women for 'practice' and because I enjoy it. but why would you date a girl to gain an understanding of how to be with the next? every girl is so unique that the idea is pointless.

• Id never do that, heck i will be thrilled when i get my first gf!

• Sounds practical

• No, but thinking back, it might not have been a bad idea.

What Girls Said 1

• I did that before, and I didn't feel bad about it. It actually turned out to be a mutual thing. It definitely made me like eating pussy, a little obsessed. Lol.