How many messages do girls get compared to guys on dating sites?

Well I made a PoF profile, and although I'm not actively messaging girls seeking dates, I thought it was odd how I've only gotten a couple profile views. I'm not on it much but I've already browsed easily 20-30 profiles, so it had me wondering, are girls just too busy responding to all their messages to browse guys or what?

So people, are you or have you been on a dating site? Which Site? How many messages did you get per week?

Also do you live in a heavily populated area that would cause you to get more hits?
Let's get some feedback from dudes!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think even in this modern world of social media, people are still under the impression that men should always make the first move. I disagree, but women definitely get messaged more often. I got about 50 messages within the first 2 days of activating my profile. Whenever you newly activate, or reactivate after 6 months, you automatically get boosted to the top of the "featured" lists so that daily members who haven't had any luck recently can see the new options more easily. But after a week or so, those numbers trickle down to 1-2 every month or so, and I still get random messages, even after I deactivated my profile, and changed my status and details. FYI, I always felt much safer on OKCupid, and I feel that their interface is much more in depth and informative.

What Girls Said 4

• I received 78 during my first week. I looked at about 5 of them before I decided it was pretty ridiculous and deleted the account.

• Without a picture on OK Cupid, I got around a dozen the first night. I posted my pic and got hundreds that week. On POF, I got a little over a hundred as well. It's too overwhelming. I live in SoCal, so yeah it is heavily populated.

I did try to message guys first that were high up on %, but none of them responded. Granted it said they weren't active recently... I deactivated both accounts and don't know if I'd want to try those two again.

• I went on there to check it out once. I can't remember the number, but there were a lot of messages, and it was just up for a day. There is no way you can respond to all that or keep up so many conversations, let alone look for more profiles to add to the pile, unless someone really catches your attention. The ratio of guys to girls on there must be ridiculously high. I noticed you could restrict messages to only ones past a certain character length and things like that, and if I'd decided to seriously be on there I would've used some of those options to make it easier. I do live near a major city, so that probably contributes to it too.

• I take it there was no need to search guys' profiles when all the interested ones were right there lol

• Yeah, pretty much lol

• In the first week that I was on OKCUPID, I got 124 messages.

• Wow, that is crazy, did you respond to them?

• I did read all of them and then I checked their profile and if I was interested then I responded.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, guys make the first move! Unless you're Channing Tatum! I'm on POF/okcupid... It depends on how many I send... I avoid small talk because they get that from every guy so I try and stand out by making a joke about something I read on their profile or just mentioning something I have an interest in too