Why do people on GaG want us to play psychic about others?

Why do people always ask stupid questions like what is he thinking? Or, what does she mean by that? Or my favorites. Does he/she like me? How the hell are we supposed to know?

Do you people really expect us to know what another person is thinking? Do you really think we are psychic?

Here is my answer to all of those future questions. Grow some balls and ask them. God damn...

Thanks for the rant, needed that. Feel free to join in.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Stuff you can just ask them should be asked to them... Questions about how to handle something I can help with and even how to ask. But im not a surrogate ;p

What Girls Said 7

• I see it more like this: They give you details about the situation, and then ask, "Hey all the guys/girls of G@G, if YOU were acting this way, what would it mean?" And then they can choose the most likely answer for their situation among the many options, and gain the necessary courage to take the next step IRL.

People are often in denial because they don't want bad news, or they don't believe in themselves, so they come here to ask other people "Am I crazy, or is it ____?"

• Why isn't there an option to like a question? XD Well my first guess would be stupidity and naivety, the hunt for Xper is a close nr. 2 XD

• Well I can see you're ranting we all do here and there. I've asked this too but really I guess we've all been through this either on GAG or not. We've wondered why, what, etc. I guess they/we want to know what others might think. I see those questions mostly from younger kids asking, now I can't even deal with obvious questions with answers in them. Saying someone should grow some balls is a little dumb, not everyone is ready and yeah basically that's the best way to know. To simply ask but don't be a douche about it, if you don't like those questions then tough. This website is growing and new users are added everyday and will ask these questions. So you have to deal with it or simply not answer them, you're not obligated so why trip about it? lol

• I don't know why, but I usually don't answer those questions unless I'm in an answering mood.

• Ok ok... I'm gonna take your advice.. grow some balls and just ask. 😕

• Maybe ask them why?

• You're taking this way too seriously. It's an advice site- people want to know these things based off experience of others. Sounds like advice sites aren't for you

• Sounds like they are. But it is impossible to tell someone what the other person is thinking or feeling.

If you asked me how could I fix this situation or what should I do, then thats fine. But not what is he thinking. Does he like the way I am kissing? Wtf? How should we know?

What Guys Said 6

• It's got nothing to do with being psychic, it's observational and experience based knowledge sharing. It's trying to get answers from people who have gone through the same thing or been on the other end of what the asker is questioning so they can figure it out for themselves based on shared knowledge. No one said you have to answer, read, or even acknowledge the questions. They're always going to be there.

• Just because you and I have been through the same thing, doesn't mean the people around us think or want the same. If someone comes on here asking then goes out in the real world and does what we advise, it make fuck it up. Where as if they would allow their balls to drop, and just ask that person they would get what they actually need.

• It appears the logic I used was 100% spot on, there was absolutely no way to disprove it. You even called it out in your rebutle and stated that I "failed" in my logic, while you continued to prove me right. Everyone is predictable, measurable, and manipulatable, which is what I have done, predicted you, measured you, and manipulated you.

• The point I'm making is that you can measure and reduce the amount of possibilities for an outcome to any interaction with another being through very simple and limited means such as one question or one response. I presented the three options that were most likely and placed the most likely option to least likely option in said order.

• A source of self-esteem probably

• I just ignore them most of the time. If I don't, my answer is usually "ask".

• Yes. YES. THIS.

• regarding those first 2 questions it's cuz many girls are clueless to the fact that guys are simple to understand and their is no hidden meaning or motive behind 99% of what we say and do. I guess they assume other guys will be able to crack the secret code or something.

• Someone needs to get out of the cage! LoL