Have you ever gone into a relationship without dating?

Let's say you hang a lot with someone or been friends for years. Do you date them or go straight into a relationship. If you date first, why?

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Only really dated one of my partners. The others I met through social groups and we just went from hanging out together to being a couple. Only didn't happen with the most recent one because we were both determined to "do the whole dating thing"... didn't last long. Not sure what all the fuss is about, but it was fun.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I haven't entered into a new relationship since I was in high school. So I guess I pick jump straight into a relationship, since that is the high school way and all.

• what exactly constitutes dating? I thought dating in itself meant "relationship"?

• @jenn33
      The way I see it, dating just means you're talking, hanging out some, maybe or maybe not exclusive, but usually no title is attached.
      A relationship is just the official "I'm with you and you're with me".

• It's very important both parties are on the same page when it comes to definitions. More importantly, does physical/sexual activity have any part in this? Is it used as a marker of some sort to determine the nature of the "relationship"?

• Yeah I was friends with this girl and we suddenly became best friends. We ended up being best friends for around two years and a half and then just went into the relationship phase without any dates at all.