Are you opposed to dating older guys by say, 7-8 years?

I met this beautiful 17 yo girl at a friends party and from immediate eye contact there was a spark of life between us. We could not stop gazing at each other. We danced together and made physical contact in an intimite way numerous times throughout the evening.

I finally built up the courage to ask her out on a date, she said yes, so far she has not asked my age, I am 24.

My main concern is that her friends or parents will condemn her, but I cannot help what my heart feels on the inside.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eww no. I'm 19 now and 25 is my limit. When I was 17 my limit was like 19.

But if she was 30 and you were 37 that would be a very different story.

Why don't you date someone your own age. Why rob the cradle? 21 year olds are hotter anyway and you guys can drink together legally. I agree with everything yaddayaddayadda02 said.

And besides girls who date older guys don't actually care about you they just use you as a status symbol in high school so they can go around saying "yeah my boyfriend is 24" and think they're cool when in reality it just makes their boyfriend sound lame. Like they couldn't get with a 21 year old so they had to settle for someone barely legal instead

• I didn't even know her age until well after we met. Why should we let arbitrary numbers dictate our relationships? Don't you think it is nihilistic to boil down the courting process to a bunch of math equations?

• Hey try to rationalize it all you want man, but you asked the question I just submitted my opinion

What Girls Said 14

• Now? Maybe, since I'm 24 and that would make him 31. Personally I still prefer someone closer to my age.

At 17 I would have never been interested in dating a guy 7-8 years older than me. You're in two different stages of life. She may be mature mentally, but she's still in high school while you are probably out of university or in grad school or something. 7- 8 years older is a really huge difference when you're 17.

• Guy in my church is dating a 16year old i believe and he is my age i think - 23... They aren't having sex till marriage but the concept is still there age wise - her parents dont condone it

• 7-8 is too much of an age gap for me personally for others I don't think they'd mind. It's all good as long as the younger person is 18 & older if they're younger I wouldn't like to see that age gap. Well if you like her so much but fear what others will say probably because her age then be friends with her until she turns 18. By then she technically can date anyone so wait or deal with that. Man at 17 I'd only date a guy 2 years max older than me I prefer that age gap for right now.

• If you really like her I'd say to go for it. The parents probably won't approve, unless they're really cool. Depending on what type of friends she has they may not even care at all. Go with your heart.(:

• I think it is fine, as long as you both feel the chemistry or whatever ^-^ I personally couldn't do it, because I would feel like a little kid next to a 24 year old guy. I generally go by the half your age plus seven rule :)

• I am a kid too! I am just in a fully grown body and have a paying job. :)

• hahah well I guess that's what makes he difference between the kid and the man XD

• The girl is still in high school dude. When you get older, it becomes less apparent because you both become the same intellectually. A 24 and a 17 year old are not the same intellectually. I even think a 20 year old (such as myself) is not the same as a 17 year old... however, I would be more the same with the 24 year old. Same age difference. Different circumstances.

• I personally wouldn't do it. In a few months I will be graduating from college and a guy that much older than me would be in a different place and mindset than me. He'd probably be ready for marriage and kids and I'm still figuring out life.

• lol I don't want kids until I'm 35, marriage I don't care when it happens. I am like a little kid, I like to play and have fun in life.

• Lol well you're only a year older than me. I was just thinking in terms of a guy who is already in his 30's wanting me at my current age. I don't think it could work for me.

• I think it could, most men look best in their 30s anyways.

• I prefer older guys because I thought they're adults. Apparently, that hasn't been the case. If you want it to last, then be your own person and change to make things work when it's necessary.

• i dont really trust older people they usually have something to hide in my opinion

• Generally yes. I just prefer dudes my age.

• I wouldn't mind that.

• I've done it, but might not recommend it.

• I'd be more open to it now, at 20, than I was at 17. There's no way I would've dated a 24 year old at that age. He could get into trouble, since the age of consent’s 18 in my state, and my parents would've killed me. Even disregarding any of that, we would’ve just been at completely different stages in life. The attraction might be there, but I don’t think I would’ve been able to relate to him that well.

• Im 17, I date between 17 and 25. Not older, not younger. Her parents probably won't approve, at least not until she is 20 or so.

What Guys Said 2

• You're too old for her, bro.

• So what, I wait 3 years and when she is 20 and I am 27 it all becomes okay? I am not 50, how am I too old?

• If she is above the age of consent, you cannot tell her what to do, she is free to have relations with whomever she likes.

Where I live the age of consent is 16, so there are no legal repercussions.

• Um. if she's living in my house, I can definitely tell her what she's going to do and not do.

• It would be OK if you were 29, and she was 21 or 22.
    I married a 19 year old when I was 25 and I'd known her for 2 years, so you could have a chance.