How does going from dating to being in a relationship work?

What's the average time-length of dating/number of dates?

I see some people going exclusive after ONE DATE, and was reading about this couple that was living together in a month and married in three, and they are still happily married 15 years later.

Other couples just keep dating and dating and dating for over a year before deciding... damn...

Personally, I am not going to multidate. I just don't like the idea of it. Also, I like clarity and hate ambiguity, so I probably want to have a decision made within a few dates. I don't want to just keep dating and dating and dating for months.

There seems to be a lot of controversy here about when to discuss "exclusivity". You got the casual Joe's who say, "Eh, you go on a 2 or 3 dates and then decide," and then the serial daters who like to "play the field" and say, "Oh no grasshopper, wait until 6 months and then you may think about it."

Personally, I am going to like the casual Joes' way of doing things, but is that a viable approach or is that not a good idea?

Bump.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the people involved. Both my boyfriend and I only intended for us to hook up and stuff but it turned into something more. We were seeing each other for two and a bit months before we became exclusive. We are now dating 4months (today)

What Girls Said 1

• I'm still not sure. It felt like the last guy I was with just wanted to call someone his girlfriend, but I didn't feel the same way.

What Guys Said 0