Do you think people who handle rejection well are cool?

I've been rejected a lot, and I don't take it personally, it's just girls with their many suitors. I understand them. Do you think being non-reactive when being rejected makes a guy seem cooler and more likely for a girl to give him a chance later on?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say "cool" but definitely not lame. When a guy takes rejection badly and is like "you were ugly anyway" or something I just think they're an immature baby and makes me wonder what he'd do if I said yes (what if a date went well and I got to his place, but didn't want to have sex? I'm sorry, but with those type of guys who get angry at rejection I always get a kind of red flag up that they might try to push women to do what they don't want to do and it might even lead to rape). I respect a guy that can take a no in a dignified manner. It shows he actually respects women and doesn't see us as objects

What Girls Said 5

• Yes! guys who can't handle rejection are the worst! they act like bitches and pretty much confirm why it was a good idea to deny him in the first place... now the guys who are cool about it just show themselves to likely be decent people. they understand that not always getting what you want is a part of life and they show their maturity. they are more likely to have better opportunities with girls (even some of the ones who initially rejected him) also guys don't realize that girls talk and when we hear that you threw a bitch fit because she wouldn't give you her number, that makes it harder for you with the next girl because we discuss guys like that

• not cooler or more likely to make me give a guy another chance in the future but it makes me respect the guy more for being so mature and respectful that i dont owe him anything (just as he doesn't owe a girl he's not romantically interested in anything)

• Technically I haven't been rejected because nothing ever starts up no matter how much effort is put in. I think it is great when I hear others handle rejection nicely, cry and shout then get over it.

• Yeah I guess since rejection sucks

• I don't necessarily think they are cool, they just have self-confidence and realize it's not the end of the world. Unlike so many men and women on here, that get rejected and then come on here and cry and complain.

What Guys Said 2

• it's not true that you are non-reactive to rejection maybe you don't show a reaction on the outside but just by making this question shows that you did have a reaction an emotional one where you felt slightly disappointed because she rejected you and deep down wish she likes you later on a person who truly is non-reactive to rejection is one that either just stops trying after rejected without disappointment or hope of a second chance or a guy that was rejected but still flirts with the girl and makes her change her mind without caring if he gets rejected a second time and without hoping the more he insists the more she will give him a second chance just casually keeps flirting with her with no expectations whatsoever.

• You'll get a chance if she's interested in you in the future. The fact that she rejected you in the past and you acted cool about it doesn't guarantee you anything. If anything, it makes her feel more at ease that you both could peacefully handle the matter. I've been rejected twice by girls who were my best friends, sometimes when they send me smiley faces with heart, I almost believe that I mat have a second chance, but it's all in my head lol.