How to tell my parents we met on tinder?

I'm dating a guy who I met on tinder. I didn't go on it looking for one night stands, I honestly don't no why I went on it. But it's getting serious and I need to tell my parents. The only problem is they will freak out if I tell them we met on tinder. I don't no what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe if you told this 5 years ago , people would be shocked more. But today it is quite normal. Not all of the guys online are perverted. There are still good ones.

If they are really traditional people, then do not tell them at first place. Say them, you will introduce a guy. That is it. Make them first meet. Let them spend time with each other. They will know each other more. Then you both tell where you actually meet if they ask. You do not need to lie. If they ask, tell the truth. It is not a big deal as you think. Online dating has entered to our life, quite a while ago and many people go for it.

What Guys Said 8

• It sounds like there are other things involved that will cause them more concern!

• Tell your parents that you met the guy at the first place you met up with him, so its not a lie, but its the half truth. No point telling your parents something if they are going to freak out, or just tell them you met online, and don't give a specific site.

• just be honest about how you met, and why you were on there In the first place, I am on there for the same reason and feel that it is a perfectly legitimate way to meet someone.

• you don't have to tell them simply LOL

• How about just dont tell them you met on tinder

• Say we met through online. Don't have to be specific.

• Don't tell them you met on tinder , say you met at the zoo or somewhere lol.

• I'm sorry that's your private life got fuck all to do with them.

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell them like it is. Tell them you went on Tinder looking for a relationship - would they freak out because they think Tinder is just for random hookups?

Or... you could just not say anything at all, lol. My brother met his wife online 6 years ago and I'm almost 100% sure my parents still don't know that 😂

• Nothing wrong with that. A lot of people use tinder for finding a relationship, not just for hooking up. Tell them as it is. No big deal.

• Say you met at a coffee shop.