How come MOST females don't want to date nerdy looking guys in High School and college but many are ok with it though after college/university?

When I say nerdy looking guys I am talking about guys that wear glasses and just plain. They don't have to be a nerd but could just look like one. I know there are SOME females that are ok with dating them in High School and College but MOST don't want to date them. It changes a lot after women graduate from college and university. Way more women are ok with dating them after that. Again I am talking about most not all women.

I meant to put dress plain not ''just plain''

Most Helpful Guy

• there is a lot of reasons , I think there is a lot of pressure to date " cool " people in high school and college , that pressure isn't there when someone is in late 20's - 30's and there more looking for jobs and careers and money. a lot of nerdy guys by late 20's or older have jobs that pay above average wages. they also likely haven't been with a lot of girls or had any kids yet , so they have a clean slate as they say and come with less baggage than other guys. but there is lots of different reasons and each situation is different as to why she dated him

What Girls Said 7

• Ugh. At least you said most. Gonna chill my rant a little.

I know a LOT of girls who are dating nerds or have. Me included. So its not MOST, its SOME. And they are shallow and shite.

And I did enjoy my ex :P

• Well you must be friends with a lot of nerdy girls (nothing is wrong with that) that is why it feels to you that many women in general do date them during or before college but nerds are like 5 or 10% of all people during college and university and before that.

• I know not all people who wear glasses are nerds that is why I also said people who LOOK like nerds but aren't. Like wearing glasses and dressing nerdy but not actually a nerd.

• Oh like me. I get guys who ignore me all day long. Double standards bro. Guys do it too

• Cuz females understand after going through the college/university experience that its intellect that counts the most and makes a guy sexy ... well, at least for me. And plus nerdy guys treat girls pretty well , especially if he knows that you're gorgeous and more wanted than he is. The good thing is that he'll be a good partner because you would be able to trust his opinions/suggestions and he will help you make the right decisions. I would totally date a nerd over a super popular hot douche-bag !

• Why do guys ignore nerdy looking girls until after university as well? I think as we age we care less about image and are less shallow

• Cause they are immature too.

• Huh?

• Maturity is relative. If the majority of college students are on the same level of maturity, they're not immature. Compared to college graduates and older, they're immature.

• Because the nerds in high school are actual nerds and the nerds in college are non-nerds who follow the currently still very popular nerd-trend. Most women who are into nerds aren't into actual nerds but only the nerd-trend.

• Um I said most women won't date nerds or guys that look like nerds till AFTER college or university.

• It doesn't matter - IN college or AFTER college, those guys are most likely trend-nerds as opposed to the actual nerds in highschool.

• I never been phased by it. If I do start dating let alone a nerd he better help me with my maths!.

• Stupid

• My sincere apologies, I was kind of recognizing that a nerd is usually above average intelligence. But regardless, I hope there won't be bad blood between us :)

• I forgive you. It is annoying how people assume I am a nerd because of the way I dress and because I wear glasses all the time.

• they grow up.

• Because you aren't trying to get married in high school and college, but after you are. People want to sow their wild oats when they're young, but when it's time to settle down there's the nerdy guy

• What is the point of chicks getting boyfriends that are cocky, etc. in High School and college if they are going to dump them anyway because they wouldn't want to marry them? Why can't they just hook up with them instead of wasting time in a relationship that will never be.

• People in their early twenties are that way too

• Speak of the devil and he will appear www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1171318-how-to-hook-up-avoid-slut-shaming see my point? So many girls are afraid of being called a slut it's unreal. She clearly doesn't care about the guy she just wants sex, but for some reason she wants to date him wtf?

What Guys Said 8

• In high school they are nerds. After college they are accomplished. Now that same nerd without college is a geek living at his moms house.

College knocks the hair of the dog off a guy and places a step in his walk with the knowledge to back up what he thinks and says.

• I'm not sure if you're referring to fake nerd hipsters or actual nerds.

• I am referring to guys that are not fake nerd hipsters. I am referring to guys that wear glasses and dress plain but are not nerds and I am also talking about guys that dress plain and wear glasses that are actually nerds.

• Well statistically women value appearance more in short term vs. long term relationships. So that could be part of it.

• It is sad they are getting relationships with guys they know they are going to dump later on.

• social status doesn't really exist in the same way after school. No one really cares who you date and no one really knows except for your work colleagues and close friends and those who do. Also, women mature and experience enough cool assholes to just want a nice nerd.

• There are also women that are ok with dating nerdy looking guys (wear glasses and dress plain) that are not even nerds once they graduate from college or university. Before they were judging too much the guys that wear glasses and dress plain. For example, I wear glasses and dress plain but I am not a nerd at all. People assume I am because I look like one. It is really annoying.

• People assume I'm not because how i look and either impressed or annoyed when they find out i am.

• One reason, to put it crudley, younger people tend to be attracted to "bad"or" chaotic " things, but as people get into their 20s that's phenomenon tends to go away as a person ages.

• Nerds make money >:)

• They like to have sex with assholes while young then crawl to the good guys after they have slept with other men, then expect the good guys to take them on

• It's because they all are indoctrinated by their mothers and teachers to fuck around with hot guys while they're young, and only settle for the nerds later on after their looks start to go, because those nerds make good providers but aren't as exciting as the jocks and bad boys.

• Because they generally have money and money is way more important than it was in high school

• Yeah but many of them are ok with dating guys that are not even nerds but just look and dress like them (wear glasses and dress plain) once they graduate from college or university. Why?