Military recruiters and relationships?

I'm seeing a marine recruiter and I'm trying to keep my cool because we aren't even official yet. Tonight we were supposed to hang out and he bailed, no call or text or nothing. Any time he bails.. its usually because one of his pooles are getting into trouble. Why? Why do they care so much about their pooles. To the point that they ditch the girl they are seeing, I've even seen him ditch his family and everything else. Why? Why are these kids so important? I just don't understand :( I'm trying but I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he ditches you without a call or appology then he is not the one. That simple!

What Guys Said 1

• Because they're committed and passionate about their work?
    They think it's not just a job , they see it as a career?

What Girls Said 2

• Well considering his rate of recruitment is crucial to success in his career, I'd say it's not entirely ridiculous for him to run off for a recruit. Especially if that recruit has agreed to go in for a critically manned career. Getting a top score on his enlisted performance rating is far more important than I believe you are aware of.

• It's his job. But what's a pool? My ex bf is in the military but I don't know what a pool is lol

• A "Poole" it's someone he's recruited. Someone that looks up to him. I just don't understand how it's his job when he's off the clock. I'm sure it's a no brainer but I just can't come to terms

• Well if you don't understand I don't know what to tell you. He's helping someone else to become a part of the military/ marines. It's his job. I don't really think there's specific times that they work when they do that also. When my bf was getting into it he made no time for anyone else. It's exciting to be helping someone else do something just as great as you are.