How often do you just stop responding to a guy or girl that you're not interested in?

How often do you just let it go- a connection that's simply NOT working out, and not respond to them ever again and essentially disappear? So they'll get the hint? (You hope)

Most Helpful Guy

• TELL HIM YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED!!
    Straight up.
    Worst thing you can do is string him along or ignore him.

• This is really the best way.

• If I am not interested... I tell her. I don't keep things going because it isn't fair to me or her.

• This! Seriously. I just went though something like this, and it hurt a hell of a lot more than it would have if she was just blunt with it (although she did eventually. But the week of her not responding suddenly was hell. A lot worse than her telling me outright) Everyone on the planet needs to see and understand this.

What Guys Said 4

• This approach takes care of 90% of the problems. Those that don't take hints are the other 10%.

• It's cowardly, but the rule of thumb is if they don't respond twice then they are not interested. Unless you're dealing with a crazy, needy person it is best just to tell them. Then it's no longer a problem

• In my current situation, I've not responded to multiple texts and they've not stopped.

• You can just say, "I'm sorry I haven't responded in so long. But i'm not interested in dating or hanging out and I just didn't know how to tell you. I'm sorry again, but I hope you have a good life"

• That way you are straight forward about what you want and honest, while being apologetic for being rude.

• Not very often. Its happened to me and it sucks so I try not to do it to others.

• I don't do that. I'd rather be blunt and directly cut the communication with reason. I do ignore people that I have cut out of my life though. I give them a reason though.

What Girls Said 2