How Do You Go About Asking Someone Out If You Don't Know Them Well?

Their is this girl at work and I always catch her looking and often she looks away real quick sometimes I must admit I do the same, however she has came up to me for basically nothing once or twice does she want me to ask her out or what? I have never asked anyone out ever romantically so I wouldn't know where to start!

Most Helpful Girl

• well first you wanna break the ice and get to know her better. not saying become her best buddy but make a rapport with her. casually get her in the mix of your social group and make her someone you would be cool with then you can see if she likes you or not. but if she comes up to you for no good reason, it sounds like she may like you so you have good odds

but don't just randomly ask her out. that would be weird. if some random guy I've barely talked to from work asked me out I would wonder what he wanted. the only guys that have done that were overt creeps/ sleazebags

What Girls Said 2

• you don't. It's always NOT a good idea to ask someone out unless you know them, relationships never work without getting to know each other because then you will find at a later date that you don't like who they really are.

• @taylah_mckay157 Good point from Australia's Next Top Model damn girl your fine :)

• haha i see now where the confusion is ;)

• @Argus14 Your correct man just a friendly lunch or movie visit or something. I wouldn't be like lets be in a relationship if I didn't know them that's creepy lmao

• Get to know her first, be her friend, then ask her out if you're still interested. Sometimes, us girls even if we might be interested in a guy, being asked out, out of nowhere can be a shock, and perhaps make feelings disappear.

What Guys Said 2

• Everything starts with a conversation. You can easily steer a conversation in order for her to mention that she likes doing X for fun or the food from Y. Once you find these out invite her out to do those things. Or better yet offer up something she hasn't done or tried before.

• @Argus14 well we have one friend in common and she likes Subway that's a start heck just friends would be okay its a lonely life man

• Start talking to her, and inject into the conversation "Hey want to grab a bite sometime?"