Detaching from someone?

Is cutting some one off the only way to detach from them? Can you talk to them & still detach?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not usually. Cutting all contact is the best way.

What Guys Said 4

• Cutting off completely is pretty much the only way. Talking to them runs too many risks of them saying something that makes you smile, or that makes you think of how things were, or how they could be... or whatever. Your brain will attach to certain words or phrases and strive to undermine your efforts. Maintaining contact will make the process much longer, much harder, and much less likely to succeed.

• You pretty much have to severe all ties. The other person is holding on to hope and by you giving them any attention lets them believe that there is.

• cutting becomes necessary at last

• Sometimes when leaving a relationship it's best to go slow and taper down to where you want swamped by yourself. Medication is a lot like life sometimes sometimes we have to taper off medication to have a softer landing. Give yourself time things will smooth out and once again returned to normal. Don't rush life take your time and work through it.

What Girls Said 1

• if you can still talk and do it I'll be impressed. Very few people I know can do that. It's almost impossible because you will still be faced with the same feelings towards that person if they remain in your life and I honestly can't move on from someone unless I cut them out of my day to day life. Doesn't mean you can't eventually be friends but it's a lot easier when they aren't still popping up on your phone every other day