Is dating a guy 2 years younger than me in high school okay?

i really like this guy and he likes me but he's 2 years younger than me. and im not sure if it would be wrong dating a guy 2 years young than me? please help any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• According to the data I've collected from years of superficial research on shy guys, I would guess "your guy" is a shy one where romantic relationships are concerned. Typically, a stare or gaze lasting longer than 2-3 seconds is the norm for a friendly, non-confrontational nonverbal interaction. Normatively, anything longer is pretty significant in either a good, romantic way or a dangerous, predatory way. I've had a thing for a guy just as you describe for a long time, and I always get the blank/poker face. If he is indeed shy, and you travel in a pack frequently, he is probably too intimidated to approach you, maybe even without the flock of friends. The fear of rejection is just too great and he might glorify you as many people do when they have an infatuation/crush. Granted, it IS the 21st century, so if you really like this guy, it may behoove you to initiate conversation with him. The guy doesn't always have to approach the girl. At least, I don't think they should be expected to, as freaky as that may make things for you. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 5

• no, there is nothing wrong with it. it's a bit unusual but not by much. it is not wrong in any fashon. if you like him and he returns that then date him.

• NO its not wrong. Just do it.

• he's probably just really shy

• Do you like him though?

• Before you ask if it's wrong, you should ask if it is legal. Otherwise, it would be rape regardless of consent. You should check your states laws. For instance, in NY the age of consent is 17. Here, if you are 16 you can have sex with a 16 year old, but an 18 year old cannot. I do believe a 15 year old and a 17 year old can have sex here, but I wouldn't quote me on that. The significance of the 2 year difference depends on the age. I don't see any real ethical concerns here if the parents approve. For anyone under 18, parents have the right to disapprove of any *specific* sexual partner. That said, they cannot legally prevent them from having sex in general so long as no age or consent legal barriers are broken, they can only disallow specific partners. At least, that's the NY law. You should look up your own state or countries laws. But that may give an idea of how complex it can get. Now, I know you are talking about dating and not specifically sex, but they are too interconnected to not discuss it. Believe me, if you start having sex and then have to stop when you turn 18 or hit some other age barrier or the parents suddenly disapprove of you as their child's sexual partner barrier then you will not be happy. So consider that. I wouldn't recommend it personally.

• Thanks for the down-vote, who needs to worry about something so petty as whether your actions could put you in prison?

What Girls Said 3

• No not necessarily. I mean, sure maybe people will judge you but if you guys really like each other, nothing should stop you guys from being together.

• YES of course

• Sorry but that would be wrong.