What would you guys do in this situation?

Okay so I've been dating this guy for awhile now, he's really clingy, already talks about having kids and living our lives together forever, (we've been together for like 3 weeks) and he's just wearing me out. He always has to know what I'm doing and who I'm with, and we always have to be texting or talking. I was thinking about breaking it off. I know he thinks he's truly in love with me, but I feel like he's leading himself on and making me seem better than I am. The thing is I'm scared to leave him because he has a shitty home life and he says he wouldn't be able to live without me and that if I ever left him he'd probably just end his life, and this worries me because I generally care for him and I really just don't want him to get hurt. I'm just really lost right now and I need help. Please and thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this guy does love you. I'd say give him more time if you care. If not, there is nothing you can do if he will end his life for you then there is nothing you can do. I was In a similar situation years ago, difference was that she led me on and then tossed me when her ex portended to be back, it turned out he was back for one day only to bang her one more time and leave !!! She called the next week, 80-90 calls a day and 40-50 message. Suicide threats mostly!!! I ignored her cause my friend told me to and not gonna lie I didn't want to talk her anymore she broke my heart. she did it... She killed herself. This drove me crazy, I felt guilty. Went to therapies. First thing therapist said tho was that "if she was crazy enough to kill herself because of someone else then let her".
    So you decide, can you live with that? Maybe my therapist was right, she was kinda crazy... Still I could've changed something... Or not? I don't know.

• I don't think I want to feel responsible for someone's death, especially his, he's a good guy, I'm just not falling in love with him. I don't like feeling controlled... you're story is sad, I'm so sorry. The things people will do for love is crazy...

• I guess leaving slowly is what I've been doing, like I haven't been as enthusiastic about anything and I don't know he keeps telling me I've changed and he gets mad when I don't want to talk or hangout. I would try to hook him up with friends but he hates my friends and they hate him.
      I just hope you're doing okay, talking about all of this must hurt, I'm sorry if I made you bring up some painful things from the past that you didn't really wanna think about.

• Hahaha naw you good don't worry about me, your good girl, go after what you want. Wish you the best.

What Guys Said 6

• Three weeks and he's saying all this? Either he backs off or you back off, preferably to another county or time zone!

Don't feel bad about breaking up with him just because his life is shitty, that's not your problem, especially not after three weeks.

• Lots of red flags here. He's a classic manipulator / controller. You need to get out now.

• Follow your instinct and break up. He will find something or someone else to cling to. Don't worry about him too much

• Leave the person. Don't look back. Cut off all communication and refuse to meet up. You are not responsible for someones actions after that fact. Going cold turkey on them will force them to move on faster. If you continue to talk to them it makes things worse.

• I can't really cut off all communication because we have some classes at school together?

• U have to look after urself and ur own feelings if u aren't happy in the relationship u have to end it even if that means hell be upset

• Run far run fast he is making u uncomfortable and moving to fast he need to be a man and he's not acting like one.

What Girls Said 0