Does internet love exisit?

so guys.. does internet love exisit? i think it does but when i tell my friend im in love with a girl from the internet.. they laugh and say haah dude watch catfish!!!
so do you guys believe in internet love?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in love over the internet before, but nothing has ever come out of it except for heartbreak. I wouldn't recommend a cyber relationship to anybody. There's no way to know what the other person is doing on their own time and who all they're seeing. Sometimes its a nice "fantasy getaway" from the real world, but overall I would say that it does more harm than good.

I mean unless you're on a dating site and you live in the same area, falling in love and having a real relationship isn't likely to happen.

• yeh you made a good point

• Not trying to be cold, I'm just saying. I would not want someone to experience the same heartache that I did like that. I hope you can find lasting love in person.

• yeh no worries i get waht u mean :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes I do but not a real love though. Once you meet this person you will more than likely not feel how you do now. You fall in love with a perceived persona of someone over the net. You visualise a perfect kinda person , perfect in your mind you make them so amazing but in reality they will be far from your expectations.

• I think it does for a lot of people.

• I'm not going to speak for other people, but for me personally, no. I'd have to meet the person in real life in order to love them.

• The attraction can be there online, but not in person. It doesn't exist. I know from experience.

• Of course.

• Lol i think nowadays gps love or s voice/siri love can happen too...
    Future holds human robot love i bet...:P
    (Sorry for deviating from the question lol)

• It exists, but the person you're in love with doesn't exist.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're in love with a person on the internet, there's a good chance that you're in love with their mind.

While that's great and all (and sometimes immensely rewarding), it often times doesn't translate to real life.

There are a couple girls here on GaG who I think are awesome to talk to and I love sharing ideas/opinions with, but I have no idea if we'd get along in real life. I hope we would, but all I have is hope.

The Internet is pure freedom. The real world is pure constraint on said freedom.

"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains. One man thinks himself the master of others, but remains more of a slave than they are."
    - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

• Well, if you were Skype-ing very often, then maybe. Chatting and texting are not enough in my opinion. I am not saying it is impossible, but highly unlikely. We perceive what we read in our own way and with our own tone. So, in a way you are only falling in love with yourself.

• yeah i believe cuz im also in relation for 7 months with a girl on internet :)