Have you ever felt strongly attracted to a man too old for you?

Like (if you are 18-24) have you seen a 35 year old man and thought "wow I wish I could date him" but did not because you felt the age difference was weird?

I have noticed that most of the male "sexist man alive" winners are in their 30s and many women say that men look best in their 30s. If men look best in their 30s why don't you date 30 something men?

Just a thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well one reason they don't date older men is because your at two different places in your life. When your 21 your probably just thinking of having fun and just hanging out. But when your 30 your starting to think of marriage and kids. Also your friend groups have different perspectives on life right now.
    Anyways though I always ha things for older Guys growing up. in 5th grade I fell hard for Freddie mercury (and unfortunately never got back up), he was so cute and his voice was amazing. I also had a huge crush on Alec Baldwin, older men are just hot to me

What Girls Said 12

• To me, age is just a number :) unless you're under 20 or so... Then I'd say it's a little creepy. I have had great connections and have felt really attracted to men twice my age. However, I would never commit full time with them because I want to live my life and grow old with someone... Not have to take care of them when I'm 40, hah.

• Age is just a number to me as well, when you think about it, all it means is the number of times the earth has gone around the sun since your birth, that's all it means, and yet we attribute so much meaning to it. Silly, isn't it?

• That's exactly how I look at it. I just see them as having more experience in the world. Very odd society has a stigma about a big age difference being weird. I also know a few couples with a 15-20 year age gap, and they all have better relationships than those that I know who are closer in age! Crazy.

• Not in real life, no but a lot of hot actors are in their 30s. Like Henry Cavill or Chris Pine. Most guys do NOT look best in their 30s, they look best in their 20s. I don't know where you get that idea from?
    Actually I've seen a quite rapid decline in some guys after 22. I'm not sure why, but for some guys it seems to go downhill after high school

• I think (this is just speculation) that you are desperately trying to cling on to your youth by rationalizing your disdain for aging by forcing yourself to have younger sexual preferences. This is more common in men than women.

Are you trying to tell me that Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Paul Newman all looked better in their 20s than 30s, google their pictures. Look at George Clooney for christ sakes. I can't wait until I am in my 30s and look my best.

• see a lot of hot guys here in college, who are in their early 20s. And I'm having a great time in college, thanks for asking

• If you're an average guy and you wait for your 30s to get hot, you're gonna be disappointed. If by now you feel aren't, I wouldn't count on it improving

• Not really, no. I like men my own age.

• All the time. Men really get hotter and hotter with age and theyre mature and know how to treat you well.

• The guy I like is 16 years older than me. I'd totally date him given half the chance.

• lol yeah like all the time

• I dated one for 2 years... he was 39 when we met... We broke up because I went oversea.

• I won't because I'm 18... o. o That would be odd because that's 12-21 year age difference. Both have different life experience and I'd probably seem pretty immature and green to a 30 year old.

• well no and yeah.. im dating a 34 year old... he's really sexy and can pass for a 28-29 year old.. im 22... i also dated a 39 year old... he was sexy as well and didn't look 39... but i mean it didn't work out because they both wanted to get me pregnant.. im 22 i got plenty of time for kids... we really had nothing in common...

• I'm 18 and my husband is 33 turning 34. Yes, I definitely agree with the statement of men being more attractive I their 30s. I guess the main reason why I second doubted myself before marrying him was because I did t want him to feel like I was only with him because of his career (doctor) and because at some point I didn't want to think je was taking advantage of me.

• Yes. I felt strongly attracted to one of my proffesors. When I was under 18, I was "scared" from older guys, because I was to shy and I would feel more confident with a guy who was my age. After this age I was a lot more attracted to older guys.
    I would date a men in his 30s (I'm 21). I like them more, but I think that the attraction is more mental for me.

• A 35 yo man is definitely not too old for me.

What Guys Said 1

• They're too worried what shallow/ignorant/jealous busybodies will say about them.