Lie about pregnancy?

Would you forgive a girl if she lied about being pregnant? If she tried it as her last resort to save a long term relationship? Do you think it shows she loves him more than herself?

• Yes forgive
  • No forgive
  • Depends on the situation

Most Helpful Girl

• That is the most manipulative and low life thing a woman can do. If they don't want to be with you then you shouldn't try to force it because in the long run it's not going to work. If you really want to work on keeping your partner then try couples therapy instead of deceit.

What Guys Said 12

• Sorry, I would never feel safe around that woman again. Please watch "Gone Girl" or read Philips v. Irons regarding the woman who gave a guy a blowjob, then spit out his sperm into a test tube and kept it frozen until he left her place, then used a turkey baster to impregnate herself, and then sued him for child support... and this poor shmuck thought all he was getting was a blow job!

By showing me that she's the kind of woman to play around with stuff like that, she's basically foreclosed the possibility of any future relationship together.. trust.. gone.. forever

• She was not trying to get pregnant she was trying to keeping her man from leaving her for another woman. She was trying to buy her some time to fix the relationship because she loved him and wanted to keep her family ( they have a kid) together. Does it makes a difference on how you see her mistake? The guy in question still said he loved her and was torn by another woman...

• Jeezo woman give up trying to explain why... the child, the other woman, she loved him. End of day some couples are better off being apart and its better for the child in the future, what you dont see is all this has affected your child so this woman is more worried about lying to a man to keep him, than actually worrying and preparing herself for when the man left to be there for a child, makes me sick. And relationship are hard and sometimes men need to see that the grass isn't greener on the other side he probs would have came back but you totally burnt that bridge down!!!

• Could I forgive her? Perhaps.

Would I ever date her again? No way.

Forgiveness isn't the same thing as acceptance or excusing some behavior.

If we were dating, and I beat you up, you might forgive me, but you'd be a fool to stay in a relationship with me. This is no different.

• So are you saying that once somebody makes a mistake, any mistake, big or small, the relationship is over for you? I guess that's why divorce rates are so high nowadays. Don't you agree?

• No, I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that lying about a pregnancy is a MASSIVE, MONUMENTAL breech of trust and respect - it's far beyond being just a "mistake." And the fact that the girl didn't understand that before she went ahead with the lie means that I couldn't trust her with other hugely important issues.

I honestly don't think you appreciate just how huge of a deal this particular issue is.

• Totally and the fact this person is justifying it actually makes it worse in my eyes, you dont lie about bringing new life into the world.

• I couldn't. I want to have a kid, is one thing that I'm 100% I want in life. I'll be the happiest man in the world if my girl tells me she's pregnant, I probably even cry a little. So knowing that it is all fake, destroying my dream... I'm sorry, but I couldn't live with someone that doesn't take in consideration my feelings.

• Even if she regrets lying to you?

• That's what I m trying to figure too. Right intention wrong action! Makes sense?

• Exactly. The intentions of trying to save the relationship is good, really good, but the way that it's been done, not at all, that's just mean and only a selfish person without feelings would do that.

• Lying about something like that is terribly, not to mention manipulative. It shows the guy that you are needy, and desperate in the worst possible way, especially if the relationship were almost over.

• Would you forgive?

• Would you hate her for that?

• I might actually, I definitely wouldn't want to see her for a while

• Lying about pregnancy is no way to save a relationship. It's a way to end it. This is very simple.

• I guess people are just stupid when they are desperate. Would you forgive? Would you hate?

• no, gross... like really gross

• Would you consider it in the same way as cheating?

• no, but still a gross lie

• No, I'd never forgive someone like that, or trust a damn thing out of her mouth after she did such a thing.

• Understandable you would not trust her, would you still love her? Would you be able to see why she did what she did?

• No. I know it'd be a move out of pure desperation and if there's a reason we're ending, lying like that definitely isn't going to make anything better. It's messed up to mess with someone's head and emotions like that.

• Would you understand if this girl was trying to keep her family together?

• It's not a matter of forgiveness it's a matter of trust and could I trust her again? Probably not.

• What if she was the one telling you that she lied, would it make a difference on you trusting her again?
      Would you consider her reason for doing it?

• That entrapment and using it as a tool never works in favor of the user. In the long run a guy that has been trapped will end up making the trapper and her kids if that ever applied miserable and they more than likely would end up hating one another and never get along. Huge mistake.

• Its unforgivable lowes

• Yeah never. Also I can't believe some girls voted A and C. Shows where their morals are.

• I guess people voted b or c because people make mistake and if they are sorry they should be forgiven. I would try to forgive this girl. I would try to understand her reasons behind what she did. I know her, she is a good person and she is lost right now. She says her intentions was to keep her family together but I guess she went to far...

• No it was a lie, there is no baby at all!!!

• @want2helpout84 How about you try reading. The girl LIED about BEING pregnant. You wasn't really pregnant, just so manipulative bitch trying to trap a guy.

• Never crazy Chinese girl tried to do that me that fukn bitch

• That very thing happened to me with the girlfriend I had my last two years of high school. And no, I will never forgive her for it. I can't stand manipulative cunts.

• Would have made a difference if she said the truth and apologize for the lie instead of keeping the lie as the truth til the end?

• Maybe

What Girls Said 19

• When you start with a lie, you gotta realise that will have to make more lies and more. Nine month later no baby what you do then? At the end all the relationship will be is a bunch of lies and without them there's no true connection anymore. It sounds like your afraid of change ita probably scary. But faking a life could never be the right move. It seems like your grasping at straws, if you do this when he find out he will never forgive you. No man would. A such matter is not a joke. I understand you wanna save the relationship and not force him to stay. So why not try that? Sexy lingery always helps. There are other ways. Will you be able to live with yourself knowing that your forcing him to stay against his wishes?

• I wouldn't want to force someone to stay. And her act was stupid and out of desperation. Of course more lies had to come to cover the lie, but she was trying to keep him alway from the other woman and buy her time to work on the relationship. The whole situation she got herself into was a mess and she did not know what to do

• That's the kind of shit a woman does right before a man gets the fuck out of dodge and files a restraining order.

Seek help. Sincerely.

• I picked b people dont do that to someone that they really care about a man can't do obv but they wouldn't so neither should women

• I guess when people don't care they don't need to try to hold the relationship together. Would you think she cares too much?

• No I wouldn't say she cares too much!!! Because if she did she wouldn't give someone that kind of news, that is such a precious thing to tell someone and if is something the man really wants then she is not thinking about him or how this would make him feel, I would say that she is doing anything she can to keep a hold of the man in her life. Not because she cares to much more that she is affraid to be left on her own, maybe that no one else will love her (depending on age, looks etc). And if I was the man in her life i would be absolutely disgusted in my partners actions and i would walk away. You dont play with someones life and emotions like that its wrong!!! For her to have what she wants, a man!!! There are millions of them out there.

• NEVER LIE ABOUT PREGNANCY. I feel like that's the worst possible way to start a relationship or break trust in a relationship

• My boyfrends ex girlfriend tried doing that shit to him and its fucked up.
    Why try to trap somene who doesn't want to be with you anymore.

• They slept together, right? She probably still loved him. Poor girl!

• She said is so he would keep fucking her and he didn't love her after 2 months of dating so he said no xD she's gonna get popped in the mouth if I ever run into her

• Also a baby won't keep people together. Having a kid can make a break a relationship fast.

• Emotionally blackmailing him and pretty much raping his life - unforgivable

It shows that the girl is a psychopath and so obsessed with getting what she wants, that she'd go as far as play God.

• Do you think this girl needs to treat herself?

• No I wouldn't say ahe needs mental help she needs to realise she already has a child who no matter what should be more important than any man even if. it is the father. Spend time with family friends and your kid and you will see that life is actually so amazing, I have two kids i work, I study and i was in a relationship with someone I thought I would spebd rest of my life with when we broke up never in a million years did I think im going to tell him im pregnant see if that will help things. A bby makes it harder anyway, what I thought was i need to be strong my kids need me right now I have a career to build and study to finish. Ontop of that i had 3deaths in my family and almost lost my dad never did I think pretend bby was way to go. This woman needs to stop being needy and pathetic make herself happy and before she knows it life will be a whole lot better for her and her child.

• And now my new partner desperately wants kids and I feel awful as I have two and would do all i could to give him that news

• Hell no, obviously she's crazy. Baby's don't keep people to do. Mutual feelings keep people together

• "Do you think it shows she loves him more than herself?"

no it shows the girl's idiocy. an idiot is unable to understand love.

love comes with honesty and completeness, a fearful creature's try to cling cannot be called love.

• I guess she has to live with her mistake because none is ever forgive her for that!

• No it shouldn't be a secret or a lie. I don't know what person would be really okay with that.

• No you shouldn't lie about things like that eventually theyre going to find out & break up you aren't saving a relationship you're making it worse

• No that's fucking stupid.

• I read that wrong, I thought you meant you were pregnant and told him you weren't but now that I know I would have clicked b not c

• My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend tried to win him back by saying she was pregnant, when they never even had sex...

• Lying about something like this is horrible!

• I lied to my boyfriend about being pregnant and i think he'll never forgive me.

• Ex boyfriend

• What made you do that? Did you think it was your only choice?

• No but i was 19 years old and i was thinking about telling him about the baby when i see him but i couldn't. And i hide it from everyone for 3 months :s

• Wow some of you are very cruel... lol!

• It would be greatly disappointing and I would disassociate myself with you.

• Sometimes I understand how guys must feel.

• Omg that's like the worst thing you could do to a guy short of lying about rape. That's terrible. No I wouldn't forgive someone for doing that to me. That's incredibly bitchy

• How about cheating?

• Would it make a difference if the girl was the one to tell the truth? He would never know if she had not feel that she had to come clean even tough she risked being judged and losing everything.

• Ok back to the example about someone lying and saying your sister died. Would it help if they came back and said "haha, just kidding she didn't really die" vs you going home and finding out she's not actually dead? Slightly maybe I don't know but it's still pretty messed up